We are now operating our reservation, ticketing and inventory processes on the new Amadeus Altéa system, and we thank you for your support, which is essential to the success of this project. We have been very pleased with the transition so far although there are some temporary issues, as can be expected in any IT project of this magnitude. Let us assure you we are working hard to resolve these as soon as possible so we can all share in the benefits of this new system. In the meantime, wait times may be longer than usual at our call centres due to call volume, so we appreciate your patience.
If you are experiencing minor technical issues, you are encouraged to first clear your browser cache. Please note that aircanada.com or aircanada.com/agent requires Google chrome version 7.8. for optimum performance. If you are still experiencing technical issues, please refer to the Travel Agent FAQs below.
- UPDATE - Amadeus Altéa Migration - Information for Aeroplan members, Altitude members, Flight Pass and more - December 5, 2019
- UPDATE - Amadeus Altéa Migration - Schedule Change, Advanced Seat Selection, and Flight Pass Booking - November 25, 2019
- UPDATE - Amadeus Altéa Migration - Self-Service Rebooking Link and Groups - November 22, 2019
- UPDATE - Amadeus Altéa Migration - Advanced Seat Selection, eUpgrades, Groups and more - November 21, 2019
- Planning ahead for Air Canada's System Upgrade to Amadeus Altéa - October 28, 2019
- UPDATE - Amadeus Altéa Migration - November 11, 2019
- UPDATE - Amadeus Altéa Migration - November 14, 2019
- UPDATE - Planning Ahead for Air Canada's System Upgrade to Amadeus Altéa - November 18, 2019
- UPDATE - Amadeus Altéa Migration - November 19, 2019
Air Canada for Business
- What can travel agencies expect now?
Now that we are operating Reservations, Inventory and Ticketing in Amadeus Altéa:
- A new record locator message for each of your PNRs will be generated to your GDS from Altéa.
- If your GDS is Amadeus or if the PNR already contained a flight segment on another Altéa-hosted carrier, the existing Amadeus Altéa locator will be used.
- If your GDS is not Amadeus and the PNR contained only Air Canada flight segments, then a new Amadeus Altéa locator will be generated.
- Depending on your GDS, PNRs with the updated locator may appear in your confirmation queue, however, no action will be required and it will not be necessary for you to inform travellers of the new Amadeus Altéa locator.
- For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U-powered providers, the new Amadeus Altéa record locator will not be sent. Once you have displayed a booking using the original Air Canada locator, please take note of the new record locator.
Customers may check-in using either the GDS locator or the new Amadeus Altéa locator. For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U powered providers, customers may check-in using either the original Air Canada locator or the new Amadeus Altéa locator.
- I made a reservation for my customer to travel after November 18th. How can I be sure my reservation was not lost in the transfer?
Confirmed reservations remain valid. They have been registered and will be honoured as they were booked.
- I need to change my customers booking now, what do I do?
- Now that migration is complete, you will be able to book or modify an existing booking as normal.
- Why am I not able to do advanced seat selection?
- Thirty six hours prior to any flight departure, complimentary or purchased seat selection is not available. Your customers may continue to select their seats at check-in, which can be done 24 hours priors to departure on aircanada.com, aircanada.com/agents and our mobile application. This will be resolved in Phase 2 of our Altéa implementation at Airports in early 2020.
- How do I find the eUpgrade link at aircanada.com/agents?
The Quick Link section has been updated and no longer includes an eUpgrade link. In order to request your customers upgrades please click on My Bookings and then select eUpgrade.
Please continue to request an upgrade within the eligible booking window on aircanada.com/agents, but during this transition period, upgrades must be requested no later than 24 hours prior to flight departure. Note that we have expanded all eUpgrade booking windows to at least 72 hours in order to ensure your upgrade request can be processed
- Why can’t my customer request a Same Day Change (SDC) for their flight when checking-in online or at the airport kiosk?
- Until our full transformation to Amadeus Altéa is complete in the coming months, your customers will not have the option to make same day changes on self-service channels and will need to see an airport agent to request the change. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
- Which PNR locator should be used at check-in for bookings made prior to November 19?
- For GDS created bookings, travellers can check-in with the GDS locator, new Altéa locator, or other forms of ID such as FQTV number or Passport.
- For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U-powered providers, customers can check-in with the original RESIII locator or new Altéa locator, or other forms of ID such as FQTV number or Passport.
- Where is the self-service rebooking link?
The self-service rebooking link on aircanada.com and aircanada.com/agents has been disabled. For your customers who are looking to make a voluntary change to their booking, they may do so by clicking My Bookings at aircanada.com. For your customers who require a same day change or a schedule change update, please contact your sales support desk or the travel agency help line.
Once Phase II – Airports is complete in early 2020, you will be able to support both voluntary and involuntary PNR servicing for your clients via My Bookings at aircanada.com.
- If I’m in North America, how do I log in to G-Cubed?
- I’m in North America, but I was not provided with user and password credential for G-Cubed how do I request a group?
- Click on Group Travel page at aircanada.com or aircanada.com/agents
- For travel agents in Canada:
Access the Group Travel Fare Quote Request form on aircanada.com/agents to request a quote
- For travel agents in the US:
Access the Group Travel Fare Quote Request form on aircanada.com/agents and aircanada.com to request a quote
- The Group team will action your request.
- If I’m outside North America, how do I request a group?
- No changes have been made to your Group Request process. Please follow the same process as previously established.
- I’m in North America with G-Cubed access, how do I request a group?
- Log in using the credentials you have set up.
- Navigate through the G-Cubed tool to complete your request. A video tutorial has been created to assist you. You can access it here: https://www.screencast.com/t/DXkrfY4Hw2Nm
- A G-Cubed Group File will be created, and all details will be forwarded to the Group team.
A link will be provided to those that have user and password credentials
Please note that due to high volumes and a reallocation of resources within the Group department, we will be temporarily suspending Chat until December 09th. You may continue to contact the Group department by responding to the last email for your case. For any issues with groups travelling within the following two business days, please use the Urgent Link on the Group website.
During our transition, you may experience longer than usual wait times. Some delays are expected as our Group agents adjust to the new Group system. The team will continue to do all they can to answer all requests as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- When can I expect a response to my request or email?
- During our transition, you may experience longer than usual wait times. Some delays are expected as our Group agents adjust to the new Group system. The team will continue to do all they can to answer all requests within two business days. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- What do I do if I have a fare match?
- After the initial booking has been made, the Group team will provide you with a Group Case which will be used for all further communication. The fare match information should be sent by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- How do I know my Group is confirmed?
- If your group was booked using the G-Cubed tool, the status on your Group file will show “Confirmed”. If you requested your group directly with the Group department, a Group agent will provide the confirmation.
- How will I receive my contract?
- The Group team will generate your Group contract and send it via email on your new group case or email thread which will be used for all further communication.
- How do I book my feed-ins/deviations?
- After the initial booking has been made, any request for changes such as feed-ins and deviations will be sent to the Group team by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- What if I need to increase/decrease my group size?
- After the initial booking has been made in G-Cubed, any request for changes such as an increase or decrease in size will be sent to the Group team by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- How do I add names?
- The new name list form needs to be filled out for each PNR associated to your group and sent by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- What If I have a name change?
- Prior to ticketing, names can be changed for free. Once tickets have been issued, names may be changed for a fee if the fare rules permit. Name change requests will be sent by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- How do I issue my tickets?
- Extended Security will be added to the PNRs so tickets can be issued in your GDS.
- I booked my group prior to the move to Amadeus Altéa. How do I know what my new PNR is?
- Your new record locator will not be sent to your GDS. Contact the Group team on your corresponding case or email thread. If you are in North America, you can also use our Live Chat service (Mon-Fri 10:00-18:00 EST). Our agents will gladly provide the new 1A PNR and update your case accordingly.
- How is the Group price calculated?
- G-Cubed uses live Group availability and pricing to calculate an average fare for your group based on your flight and space requirements.
- How do I issue my Tour conductor?
- At this time, Tour Conductor tickets will be issued by the Group department with a credit card. When you are ready to have the TC issued, you can email the Group team on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- How will the Group department communicate with me?
- After the initial booking has been made the Group team will provide you with a Group Case or email thread which will be used for all further communication.
- Has the Group Seating been changed with the new system?
- A block of seats is guaranteed for your Group. At this time, once names have been added to the file, the seats within the block will be assigned alphabetically.
- How can I purchase preferred seats for passengers in my group?
- The purchase of preferred seats will be temporarily unavailable for Group bookings.
- I cannot action a change online for my customers’ Air Canada for Business booking. What do I do?
- As we are experiencing high wait times, please only contact the Air Canada for Business support line in those instances in which you are unable to action a change for your customers’ Air Canada for Business booking at aircanada.com/agents. As a reminder, your customers’ Air Canada for Business bookings can be retrieved and exchanged at aircanada.com/agents if travel has not yet started. If travel has started, please contact the Air Canada for Business support line.
Air Canada for Business support line
1 888 335-4189
(toll-free from Canada and the U.S.)
Hours of operation (Eastern Time):
- 6:00am to Midnight EST
- 7 days a week
- Can I make online changes to bookings made prior to Air Canada’s migration to Amadeus Altéa?
- All bookings completed prior to November 19th can be retrieved and exchanged via aircanada.com if travel has not yet started. If travel has started, please contact the Air Canada for Business support line.
- Do I still need to import my bookings that are done outside of the Air Canada for Business platform to make online changes?
- No, you will be able to retrieve and make changes to all of your Air Canada for Business bookings at aircanada.com, regardless where they were originally completed.
- Will my discounts apply when directed to make my booking changes on aircanada.com?
- Yes, all applicable discounts will apply per applicable rules. The adjusted discounted base fare price will be done and reflected on the Review Summary page.
- Can I use the preferences from my profile on Air Canada for Business when changing my booking on aircanada.com?
- No, you will need to input your payment information once again to complete the booking.
- Can I use a gift card as a form of payment on Air Canada for Business platform?
- No, Gift Card will be re-introduced as a form of payment in the following weeks.
- Will the seat price displayed on the seat map reflect the correct amount that will be charged to my booking?
- No, the seat price displayed at the seat map is only an indicator of the price range that may apply. The correct price will be adjusted based on customer status and selected fare at the payment review summary.
- Will you still track my flight pass travel spend when booked through aircanada.com?
- Yes, flight pass spend is tracked at time of purchase when the Air Canada for Business company ID is entered. You can book the flight pass credits on aircanada.com
- Can I use more than one form of payment?
- No, you will only be able to apply one credit card at payment.
- Can I complete my multi-city bookings on the Air Canada for Business platform?
- Yes, you can complete all Domestic and Transborder multi-city bookings on the Air Canada for Business platform. Multi-city bookings containing an International or sun itinerary must be completed through the Air Canada for Business call center to receive your applicable discount and to track the total travel spend to your business account.
- Can I still receive flexible flight options when shopping for International and sun destinations?
- The + and – 3-day shopping options are will be temporarily disabled and will be introduced in the following weeks until our full transformation to Amadeus Altéa is complete. During this period, the system will only be returning flight options for the selected date. If the flight does not operate daily, you may need to change the selected date to view more flight options.
- How do I retrieve Flight Pass locator?
If you have a Flight Pass credit booking made on or before November 18, 2019 for travel on or after November 19, 2019, you have been assigned a new Booking Reference. For these affected bookings, please use your new Booking Reference to access your reservation including when checking-in for your flight.
Please note that aside from the Booking Reference, no other flight details have changed.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
- How to obtain your new Booking Reference:
*If you are accessing the Flight Pass on behalf of your customer as a delegate, your customer must assign you as a Flight Pass Administrator*
- Log-in on ADO with your IATA credentials
- Select the Manage My Flight Pass on the Flight Pass Tab on the main ADO homepage
- Select My Flight Pass Bookings
- Select “View all Flight Pass Bookings” and hit “Search”*
*Travel agents also have the ability to view by Flight Pass Reference, Surname, or AE# where applicable
- Log in to the Flight Pass portal using your Aeroplan Number and password.
- Select the desired Flight Pass.
- Click the Booking History tab.
- Select View all Bookings and hit Search.
- Your new Booking Reference will appear on the left-hand side of the search results, in the Booking Reference column.
Through the Flight Pass App:
- Log in to the Flight Pass app using your Aeroplan Number and password.
- Locate your desired Flight Pass.
- Click on the info button. The new Booking Reference will appear at the top.
- I’m getting an error when purchasing a Flight Pass.
If you are trying to purchase a Flight Pass and you encounter error "RC=EIP Component = Service Fault", please verify the credit card information, including name and expiry date as well as the billing address. Air Canada Reservations cannot assist with the purchasing of a Flight Pass. If all information has been validated and you continue to receive this message, please contact Customer Relations.
- How do I select my seat on a Flight Pass booking?
For seat selection on a Flight Pass booking, please go to aircanada.com/agents and select "My Bookings" to access the booking and select a seat. Please note this option is currently not available between 24 and 36 hours before your flight’s departure time. However, customers may select seats during the check-in process within 24 hours of flight on aircanada.com, aircanada.com/agents on the mobile app, or at the airport.
- Why can’t I book my customer’s Aeroplan Flight Reward?
While we completed our migration to a new reservation system, a limited number of Aeroplan accounts have not yet have transferred over. Affected customers are currently unable to redeem Aeroplan Miles for Flight Rewards. We are working as quickly as possible to restore full functionality to these accounts.
- Why can’t I associate my customer’s Aeroplan number with a booking on aircanada.com?
If your customer's Aeroplan account has not yet transferred over, our system will temporarily not recognize your number when making a booking on aircanada.com/agents. Please complete your customer’s booking without the Aeroplan number and ask them to “Request Missing Miles” from Your Account section on aeroplan.com. This issue will be resolved shortly.
- Why can’t I extend my customer’s Preferred Seat discount and/or fee waiver for their Travel Companions?
The ability to extend discounts and/or fee waiver for Travel Companions for the same booking is unavailable until the final phase of the new system roll-out at the airport is completed in the new year.
On a temporary basis, all upgrade requests must be completed no later than 24 hours prior to departure. Your customers will beunable to request upgrades at the airport, and unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that upgrades which were not cleared prior to check-in will be processed at the gate, even if a seat is available. Rest assured that we are working hard to confirm more upgrades ahead of check-in. Note that we have expanded all eUpgrade booking windows to at least 72 hours in order to ensure your upgrade request can be processed. Learn more.
- My customer’s opted to stand-by early for a flight and requested an eUpgrade. The eUpgrade didn’t clear and they didn’t receive a refund the credits.
If customers wish to stand-by for an earlier flight at the airport on the day of departure, the eUpgrade status may be affected. If they do not receive an eUpgrade on an earlier flight, and their credits are not refunded within 72 hours, please have them fill out the online reporting tool.
- My customer’s new Altitude status still hasn’t been recognized online. When will their account be updated?
If they are reaching a new Altitude status, it may take up to 72 hours for all our different systems to reflect the updated status. We are working to shorten this time period.