We recognize that Air Canada for Business members will return to travel at different times. That is why we are committed to offering your company booking flexibility and peace of mind on your account status during these unprecedented times.
If your company booked directly with Air Canada for Business and needs to cancel the booking for any reason up to 2 hours prior to departure, a one-time change can be made without a fee for all new and existing bookings issued through February 28, 2021 for original travel between March 1, 2020 and February 28, 2022.
As of June 1, 2020, members will also be able to convert previously cancelled bookings purchased by June 30, 2020, for travel between March 1, 2020 and February 28, 2022, to a UATP account. When the timing is right, the account can then be used to purchase future Air Canada tickets in the Air Canada for Business program.
In addition, whatever status your company holds as of March 1, 2020, it will automatically be extended until March 1, 2022. Read below for more information about each update.
Read below for more information about each update.
If your company booked directly with Air Canada for Business and needs to cancel the booking, you can make a one-time change without a fee or cancel the existing booking and rebook later if the original travel is between March 1, 2020 and February 28, 2022.
You can change the Air Canada for Business booking on aircanada.com by using Manage Bookings under the Book tab in the main menu.
You can cancel your Air Canada for Business booking by contacting Air Canada for Business support line 1-888-335-4189 or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket must be issued on or before February 28, 2021.
- For original travel between March 1, 2020 and February 28, 2022.
- If you need to change any flight, your new travel must be completed by February 28, 2023. No change fee will apply.
- If you booked with Air Canada for Business and you need to cancel any flight, you can transfer the total value of your unused tickets to a UATP Account...
- Booking can be changed or cancelled up to 2 hours prior to departure.
- Refundable tickets will be refunded as per the fare rules; a cancellation fee may still apply.
How to transfer your cancelled flights into a UATP Account
Air Canada for Business is offering members a new option to provide added flexibility for unused tickets due to changes to travel plans or cancelled flights, in the form of a UATP virtual account. The UATP account is a prepaid virtual account that can be used like a credit card for all future Air Canada for Business bookings and ancillary purchases.
This means that members are now able to transfer their total value of eligible tickets to an online account to use towards future travel. The UATP account will apply for voluntary changes or cancelled flights booked up until February 28, 2021, with an original travel between March 1 ,2020 and February 28, 2022 inclusively.
Customers whose flights have been cancelled due to COVID-19 and who have already received a travel credit valid for 24 months, are able to request this option.
Here’s how to request a UATP virtual account:
The UTAP account must be requested by the Air Canada for Business company account adminstrator or by the travel agency:
- The company must review, sign and accept the UATP Agreement Form.
- Once signed, please provide us with the ticket numbers and details on this Ticket List Form.
- Tickets must be fully unused and the coupon status must be open.
- A UATP virtual account only applies to Air Canada itineraries, which includes Atlantic JV Codeshare/Interline 014 ticket stock.
- Email both completed forms to email@example.com.Please add in CC the Air Canada for Business company account administrator.
- Once a ticket list form is successfully completed and submitted, a UATP virtual account will be created in the company’s name and the primary contact will receive an auto-generated email from UATP containing their Username and a Temporary Password. Please refer to this guide for more information on how to setup the UATP account
- The total value of the eligible tickets will be transferred to the account. An email with details on the total transferred and how to access the account will be sent to the primary contact provided in Ticket List Form.
- Please allow Air Canada 6 to 8 weeks to process and credit the UATP account.
UATP account benefits
The UATP account allows the company to check the balance of the account, pull reports for refunded or newly issued tickets and retrieve monthly statements.
The UATP account does not expire. Any residual value will be automatically renewed every 5 years on the original date of issue.
A company can store the UATP card as a form of payment under their Air Canada for Business company profile and assign it to select travellers as a form of payment for future bookings.
For any additional details, pleaser refer to the FAQ for UATP Account document and the Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- The UATP credit option applies to Air Canada for Business tickets issued on or before February 28, 2021, for original travel between March 1, 2020 and February 28, 2022.
- Air Canada will issue one prepaid UATP virtual account equating to the value of your fully unused tickets. This UATP virtual card can then be used in the same way as a credit card to purchase future Air Canada (014) tickets.
- In the event that a ticket or ancillary service purchased (in part or in full) using a UATP account is being refunded, the value or the unused portion thereof (based on the terms and conditions of the fare being refunded) that was originally paid for by using a UATP account will be refunded to the original UATP account number.
- Customers must retain their original UATP account until the stored value reaches zero and all travel for which the UATP account credit has been used as a form of payment has been completed.
- For more information, please refer to Agreement UATP document.
Loyalty is a two-way street in good times, and hard times. As valued members of Air Canada for Business, we recognize and appreciate your outstanding commitment to Air Canada, and to provide some certainty during these uncertain times, we are extending your account status until March 1, 2022. We recognize that members will get back to travel at different times, and we hope this status extension will ensure you continue to enjoy the benefits that you value the most.
Your Air Canada for Business account status is secure at your current status level and will automatically be extended at the planned renewal date until March 1, 2022.
Should your company reach a higher status during this period, your company will be automatically upgraded to the next threshold, with new rewards and benefits to enjoy.
As an Air Canada for Business member, we appreciate your loyalty, and are honored to reciprocate. The entire Air Canada team is looking forward to welcoming all customers back in the skies when the time is right.
We are in this together.