Air Canada For Business updates
We recognize that Air Canada for Business members will return to travel at different times. That is why we are committed to offering your company booking flexibility and peace of mind on your account status during these unprecedented times.
If your company booked directly with Air Canada for Business and needs to cancel the booking for any reason up to 2 hours prior to departure, a one-time change can be made without a fee for all new and existing bookings issued through September
30, 2020 for travel between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021.
As of June 1, 2020, members will also be able to convert previously cancelled bookings (for travel between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021) to a UATP account. When the timing is right, the account can then be used to purchase future Air
Canada tickets in the Air Canada for Business program.
In addition, whatever status your company holds as of March 1, 2020, it will automatically be extended until March 1, 2022.
Read below for more information about each update.
and cancel bookings
If your company booked directly with Air Canada for Business and needs to cancel the booking, you can make a one-time change without a fee or cancel the existing booking and rebook later if the travel is between March 1, 2020 and September
You can change the Air Canada for Business booking on aircanada.com by using Manage Bookings under the Book tab in the main menu.
You can cancel your Air Canada for Business booking by contacting Air Canada for Business support line 1-888-335-4189 or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ticket must be issued on or before September 30, 2020.
- For original travel between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021.
- If you need to change any flight, your new travel must be completed by September 30, 2022. No change fee will apply.
- If you booked with Air Canada for Business and you need to cancel any flight, you can transfer the total value of your unused tickets to a UATP Account.
- Booking can be changed or cancelled up to 2 hours prior to departure.
Refundable tickets will be refunded as per the fare rules; a cancellation fee may still apply.
Air Canada for Business is offering members a new option to provide added flexibility for unused tickets due to changes to travel plans or cancelled flights, in the form of a UATP virtual account. The UATP account is a prepaid virtual
card that can be used like a credit card for all future Air Canada for Business bookings and ancillary purchases.
This means that members are now able to transfer their total value of eligible tickets to an online account to use towards future travel. The UATP account will apply for voluntary changes or cancelled flights booked up until September 30, 2020,
with an travel between
March 1 ,2020 and September 30, 2021 inclusively.
Customers whose flights have been cancelled due to COVID-19 and who have already received a travel credit valid for 24 months, are able to request this option.
Here’s how to request a UATP virtual account:
The UATP account must be requested by the Air Canada for Business company account administrator or by the travel agency:
- The company must review, sign and accept the UATP Agreement Form.
- Once signed, please provide us with the ticket numbers and details on this Ticket List Form.
- Tickets must be fully unused, and the coupon status must be open.
- A UATP virtual account only applies to Air Canada itineraries, which includes Atlantic JV Codeshare/Interline 014 ticket stock.
- Email both completed forms to email@example.com.Please add in CC the Air Canada for Business company account administrator.
- Once a ticket list form is successfully completed and submitted, a UATP virtual account will be created in the company’s name and the primary contact will receive an auto-generated email from UATP containing their Username and
a Temporary Password. Please refer to this guide for more information on how to setup the UATP account
- The total value of the eligible tickets will be transferred to the account. An email with details on the total transferred and how to access the account will be sent to the primary contact provided in Ticket List Form.
- Please allow Air Canada 6-8 weeks to process and credit the UATP account.
UATP account benefits
The UATP account allows the company to check the balance of the account, pull reports for refunded or newly issued tickets and retrieve monthly statements.
The UATP account does not expire. Any residual value will be automatically renewed every 5 years on the original date of issue.
A company can store the UATP card as a form of payment under their Air Canada for Business company profile and assign it to select travellers as a form of payment for future bookings.
For any additional details, pleaser refer to the FAQ for UATP Account document and the Terms and Conditions
- The UATP credit option applies to Air Canada for Business tickets issued on or before June 30, 2020, for original travel between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021.
- Air Canada will issue one prepaid UATP virtual account equating to the value of your fully unused tickets. This UATP virtual card can then be used in the same way as a credit card to purchase future Air Canada (014) tickets.
- In the event that a ticket or ancillary service purchased (in part or in full) using a UATP account is being refunded, the value or the unused portion thereof (based on the terms and conditions of the fare being refunded) that
was originally paid for by using a UATP account will be refunded to the original UATP account number.
- Customers must retain their original UATP account until the stored value reaches zero and all travel for which the UATP account credit has been used as a form of payment has been completed.
- For more information, please refer to Agreement UATP document.
Your Air Canada for
Business status is secure
Your status as of March 1, 2020 has been extended until 2022.
In times like these, loyalty is more important than ever, and we know it goes both ways. In light of these unprecedented circumstances we wanted to provide you with more details on your Air Canada for Business account status.
Whatever status your company holds as of March 1, 2020, it will automatically be extended until March 1, 2022. These updates will happen automatically, with no further action required by you. Additionally:
- Should your company reach a lower status at its planned renewal date(s)
before March 1, 2022, the status that your account held on March 1, 2020 will be automatically extended account administrator will receive an email confirming the status extension.
- Should your company reach the same status it currently holds at its planned renewal date(s) during this period, your account administrator will automatically receive an email confirming that the status was renewed.
- Should your company reach a higher status your company status will be automatically upgraded to the next threshold, and the new rewards and benefits will be available to enjoy immediately. Your account administrator
will receive an email confirming the status was upgraded.
In June 2019, company ABC reached Level 2 status, representing the 150k-300k threshold. This company would enjoy benefits at that reward threshold until June 2020, unless the account reached a higher level, where it would automatically
With this new extension, company ABC would automatically retain their Level 2 status until March 1, 2022 even if they did not reach the 150k minimum spend due to current travel restrictions.
- The Status Extension policy will run for renewals of Air Canada for Business statuses during the period of March 1, 2020 and March 1, 2022 (the "Offer"). This offer is available for all companies enrolled in the Air Canada
for Business program.
- The status extension policy has already been applied to all accounts that had a renewal date since March 1, 2020.
- If the company had a status renewal between March 1, 2020 and April 27, 2020, the account should have already received an update to their account status under the standard policy. These accounts have now been updated with the
new extension policy and the administrator should receive an email advising of the new status. The extension will credit the account with any outstanding benefits corresponding to the new level that was attributed.
- As of April 27, 2020, all renewal dates until March 1, 2022 will automatically extend current status.
- The status extension policy ends on March 1, 2022. All renewal dates after March 1, 2022 will be administered under the standard policy. For more information about the account status and thresholds, please visit our Rewards terms and conditions page.
- Air Canada reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual from this Offer and to ban the individual from any future offers that it finds or believes to be tampering with the process or the operation
of this Offer, to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by a member or any other
person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Offer is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; Air Canada reserves the right to seek damages from
any such person.
- This Offer is subject to change at Air Canada's sole discretion without notice.
- By entering this Offer, you acknowledge and agree that Air Canada and its subsidiaries: (i) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Offer; (ii) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any
kind concerning the offer; (iii) disclaim any implied warranty; and (iv) are not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from your participation in this Offer. Air Canada is not responsible for typographical
or other errors in this Offer or administration of this Offer, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the official Terms & Conditions. Air Canada is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions
of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to member's or any person's computer
resulting from participating in this Offer.
- If this Offer is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, pandemic or any other causes beyond the reasonable
control of the Air Canada which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Offer, Air Canada reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer,
in whole or in part, or modify it in any way.
- This Offer is governed by all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations applicable in the province of Quebec.
- In the event of any discrepancies between the English language Terms and Conditions and the French language Terms and Conditions for this Offer, the English rules shall prevail.
UPDATES ON COVID-19
As the global impact of COVID-19 evolves and government entry requirements continue to change rapidly, stay updated on flight status, cancellation policies and useful travel resources here.
See more information on how status is calculated here.
See more information on program rewards, terms and conditions here.
Where we fly
In addition to the destinations we currently fly to across Canada, Europe and Asia, we’re resuming flights to more destinations this summer.
Discover our destinations across Canada, with service to each province.
Fly to select destinations in the U.S.
including Boston, New York, Las Vegas and
We continue to fly to key international destinations, including London Heathrow, Paris, Frankfurt and more to come this summer.
Government Entry Requirements
As the global impact of COVID-19 evolves and government entry requirements continue to change rapidly, we urge that you please review any applicable entry requirements prior to travel. For more information please click here.
Adjusting our service
We’re going the extra mile to keep our customers and employees safe through a variety of service adjustments.
Loyalty program updates
To enhance flexibility for our members we have implemented a few loyalty program updates.
2020 Altitude status extension
All Altitude status for 2020 will automatically extend through the end of 2021.
See the complete details.
Sharing Altitude status
If a member has already achieved status for next year, or does so by the end of 2020, they can gift it to a friend or loved one.
See the complete details.
Flight Rewards can be cancelled free of charge until June 30, 2020 and the expiration of Aeroplan Miles has been temporarily paused until June 29, 2020.
See the complete details.