We recognize that Air Canada for Business members will return to travel at different times. That is why we are committed to offering your company booking flexibility and peace of mind on your account status during these unprecedented times.
- Changes: You can make a one-time change for all new or existing bookings made through September 30, 2021 for original travel between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2022.
- Refunds: For new tickets purchased on or after April 13, 2021, Air Canada will provide an option for a refund in instances where Air Canada cancels a flight or changes the departure time by more than three hours. For voluntary changes, fare rules will apply. You also have the option to transfer the total value of your unused tickets to a UATP virtual account to use for future travel.
- Status: As of March 1, 2020, whatever status your company holds will automatically be extended until March 1, 2022.
Please note that the July 12, 2021, deadline to submit a refund request to your original form of payment, or to receive a corporate refund for tickets purchased before April 13, 2021 for travel on or after February 1, 2020 has passed. If you missed the deadline, you can still ask that the remaining ticket value be transferred to an Air Canada UATP virtual account.
If you have already submitted a request, rest assured that we are working on it. Please note there may be a delay due to the high volume of requests, and we will email you with an update once your request is reviewed.
If your company booked directly with Air Canada for Business and needs to cancel the booking, you can make a one-time change without a fee or cancel the existing booking and rebook later if the original travel is between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2022.
You can change the Air Canada for Business booking by visiting My Bookings.
Terms and Conditions
- Ticket must be issued on or before September 30, 2021.
- For original travel between March 1, 2020 and September 30, 2022.
- For tickets purchased on or before March 31, 2021: If you need to change any flight, your new travel must be completed within 24 months from the date of the last unflown flight. No change fee will apply.
- For tickets purchased on or after April 1, 2021: If you need to change any flight, your new travel must be completed within 24 months of the original purchase date. No change fee will apply.
- Existing bookings may only be changed or cancelled up to 2 hours prior to departure.
- Refundable tickets will be refunded as per the fare rules; a cancellation fee may still apply.
- If you booked with Air Canada for Business and you need to cancel any flight, you can transfer the total value of your unused tickets to a UATP Account.
Air Canada for Business is offering members a new option to provide added flexibility for unused tickets due to changes to travel plans or cancelled flights, in the form of a UATP virtual account. The UATP account is a prepaid virtual account that can be used like a credit card for all future Air Canada for Business bookings and ancillary purchases.
This means that members are now able to transfer their total value of eligible tickets to an online account to use towards future travel.
The UATP account will apply for voluntary changes or cancelled flights. Customers whose flights have been cancelled due to COVID-19 and who have already received a travel credit valid for 24 months, are able to request this option.
How to request a UATP virtual account
The UATP account must be requested by the Air Canada for Business company account administrator or by the travel agency:
- The company must review, sign and accept the UATP Agreement Form.
- Once signed, please provide us with the ticket numbers and details on this Ticket List Form.
- Email both completed forms to email@example.com. Please add in CC the Air Canada for Business company account administrator.
- Once a ticket list form is successfully completed and submitted, a UATP virtual account will be created in the company’s name and the primary contact will receive an auto-generated email from UATP containing their Username and a Temporary Password. Please refer to this guide for more information on how to setup the UATP account.
- The total value of the eligible tickets will be transferred to the account. An email with details on the total transferred and how to access the account will be sent to the primary contact provided in the Ticket List Form.
- Please allow Air Canada 6 to 8 weeks to process and credit the UATP account.
UATP account benefits
The UATP account allows the company to check the balance of the account, pull reports for refunded or
newly issued tickets and retrieve monthly statements.
The UATP account does not expire. Any residual value will be automatically renewed every 5 years on the original date of issue.
A company can store the UATP card as a form of payment under their Air Canada for Business company profile and assign it to select travellers as a form of payment for future bookings.
For any additional details, pleaser refer to the FAQ for UATP Account document and the Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- The UATP credit option applies to voluntary changes or cancelled flights. Customers whose flights have been cancelled due to COVID-19 and who have already received a travel credit valid for 24 months, are also able to request this option.
- Tickets must be fully unused and the coupon status must be open.
- A UATP virtual account only applies to Air Canada itineraries, which includes Atlantic JV Codeshare/Interline 014 ticket stock.
- Air Canada will issue one prepaid UATP virtual account equating to the value of your fully unused tickets. This UATP virtual card can then be used in the same way as a credit card to purchase future Air Canada (014) tickets.
- In the event that a ticket or ancillary service purchased (in part or in full) using a UATP account is being refunded, the value or the unused portion thereof (based on the terms and conditions of the fare being refunded) that was originally paid for by using a UATP account will be refunded to the original UATP account number.
- Customers must retain their original UATP account until the stored value reaches zero and all travel for which the UATP account credit has been used as a form of payment has been completed.
- For more information, please refer to Agreement UATP document.
Loyalty is a two-way street in good times, and hard times. As valued members of Air Canada for Business, we recognize and appreciate your outstanding commitment to Air Canada, and to provide some certainty during these uncertain times, we are extending your account status until March 1, 2022. We recognize that members will get back to travel at different times, and we hope this status extension will ensure you continue to enjoy the benefits that you value the most.
Your Air Canada for Business account status is secure at your current status level and will automatically
be extended at the planned renewal date until March 1, 2022.
Should your company reach a higher status during this period, your company will be automatically upgraded to the next threshold, with new rewards and benefits to enjoy.
As an Air Canada for Business member, we appreciate your loyalty, and are honored to reciprocate. The entire Air Canada team is looking forward to welcoming all customers back in the skies when the time is right.
We are in this together.