As regular business travel returns, standard Air Canada for Business policies are being reintroduced. Please refer to the below updates that may concern your business. For changing or cancelling your booking:
Terms and conditions
- Eligible fare tickets other than Basic issued on or before July 5, 2022 for original travel after July 5, 2023 or issued on or after July 6, 2023 can be changed, subject to applicable change fees and additional costs, or cancelled and the value may be applied to a credit for future travel, minus the applicable cancellation fee, subject to applicable fare rules.
- Basic fare tickets issued on or before July 5, 2022 for original travel after July 5, 2023 or issued on or after July 6, 2022 are non-refundable and cannot be changed.
- Existing bookings may only be changed or cancelled up to 2 hours prior to departure. You can change or cancel your Air Canada for Business booking by visiting My Bookings.
- Refundable tickets will be refunded as per the applicable fare rules; a cancellation fee may still apply.
- If your flight is cancelled by Air Canada for any reason and we don’t rebook you on another flight that departs or arrives within three hours of your original departure or arrival time, or if we add a connection to your itinerary, you can request a refund.
For voluntary cancellations, fare rules will apply.
If your company booked directly with Air Canada for Business and needs to cancel a booking made on or before July 6, 2022, you can make a one-time change without a fee or cancel the existing booking and rebook later if the original travel is between March 31, 2020 and July 6, 2023.
You can change the Air Canada for Business booking by visiting My Bookings.
Terms and Conditions
- For all fares except Basic – all future travel dates
- You can change your travel. Change fees and additional costs will be charged as per fare rules.
- You can cancel your booking and use the value towards a booking made at a later date. Booking change fees and additional costs will be charged as per fare rules when the new booking is made.
- For Basic fare bookings – all future travel dates
- Changes cannot be made to your travel.
- If you cancel your booking, the value cannot be used towards a booking made at a later date and will not be refunded.
- Conversion towards Aeroplan points or a UATP account is not permitted.
Up until July 5, 2023, Air Canada for Business offered members the option to transfer the value of unused tickets, due to changes to travel plans or cancelled flights resulting from travel uncertainty caused by the pandemic, to a UATP virtual account. The UATP account is a prepaid virtual account that can be used like a credit card for all future Air Canada for Business bookings and ancillary purchases.
Effective July 6, 2023, Air Canada will no longer accept new requests to transfer the value of unused tickets to an existing or new UATP virtual account. Members who have an active UATP virtual account on such date may continue to apply any remaining credits on their UATP account to purchase future business travel on Air Canada until all remaining value on their card has been used. The UATP account does not expire. Any residual value will be automatically renewed every 5 years on the original date of issue.
UATP Terms and Conditions
- A UATP virtual account only applies to Air Canada itineraries, which includes Atlantic JV Codeshare/Interline 014 ticket stock.
- The UATP virtual card can be used in the same way as a credit card to purchase future Air Canada (014) tickets.
- In the event that an eligible ticket purchased (in part or in full) using a UATP account is being refunded, the value or the unused portion thereof (based on the terms and conditions of the fare being refunded) that was originally paid for by using a UATP account will be refunded to the original UATP account number. All tickets purchased using a UATP account will be processed as per applicable fare rules.
- Customers must retain their original UATP account until the stored value reaches zero and all travel for which the UATP account credit has been used as a form of payment has been completed.
Loyalty is a two-way street in good times, and hard times. As valued members of Air Canada for Business, we recognize and appreciate your outstanding commitment to Air Canada, and to provide some certainty during these uncertain times, we are extending your account status as of February 22, 2022 until December 31, 2023. We recognize that members will get back to travel at different times, and we hope this status extension will ensure you continue to enjoy the benefits that you value the most.
Should your company reach a higher status during this period, your company will be automatically upgraded to the next threshold, with new rewards and benefits to enjoy.
As an Air Canada for Business member, we appreciate your loyalty, and are honored to reciprocate.