Our Self-Service Check-in Kiosks are designed to get you through the airport process stress-free!
Self-Service Kiosks can be used if your ticket was purchased through the Internet, Air Canada Reservations, or a travel agent.
Do you prefer the convenience of checking in from your home or office computer in advance? Discover all the advantages of Web Check-in.
Range of options available at the Self-Service Kiosk
You can check in to your flight and:
- Select or change your seat(s) via the seat map
- Request an upgrade, an earlier departure or a same-day change*
Learn more about these options
- Pay additional checked baggage charges, if applicable
- Enter your Aeroplan or Star Alliance frequent flyer number
- Enter your passport information (APIS) when required
- Enter the number of bags you wish to check
- Print your baggage tags**
- New! - Print or email your payment receipts***
- New! - Choose the option of receiving an Electronic Boarding pass on your mobile device, if eligible (available on kiosk at all Canadian airports and select international airports)
- New! - Purchase last minute upgrade (if eligible).
Already checked in? You can still use the Self-Service Kiosk to:
- Add or remove a bag (provided you've not yet printed your baggage tags)
- Reprint your boarding pass
Self-Service Check-in for groups
* Options available at kiosks in North America
** Self-tagging is available at the following airports: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, St. John’s, Toronto Pearson, Vancouver, Winnipeg, Boston, Las Vegas, New York-LaGuardia, Newark and London Heathrow.
*** The information number printed on your checked baggage receipt is required in the event your bags are misplaced.
When and where to use the Self-Service Kiosk
You may check in at a Self-Service Kiosk within the 12 hour period prior to departure, and:
- at least 45 minutes prior to departure for flights within Canada*;
- at least 60 minutes before departure for flights between Canada and other countries (including the U.S.)
*Exception: the check-in deadline for flights departing from Toronto’s city airport (YTZ) is 20 minutes.
What if I have bags to check?
All bags must be deposited at the Baggage Drop-Off Counter by the check-in deadlines listed above.
Please note, however, that checked baggage may only be deposited at the Baggage Drop-Off Counter within the four hour period prior to departure.
Find out where our Self-Service Kiosks are located.
How the Self-Service Kiosk works
View a step by step demonstration
Our Self-Service Kiosks are easy to use. Simply follow the instructions on the Kiosk touch screen to retrieve your itinerary and proceed with check-in and other Kiosk options.
Should you need help at any point, our Kiosk Assist Agents are available on site to answer all your questions.
You can retrieve your itinerary in one of three ways:
* Payment card information is used for identification purposes only: no fee will be charged and your payment card information will not be retained.
View a screenshot of the kiosk identification option screen
Once you've completed your Kiosk check-in, proceed to the Baggage Drop-off Counter to deposit your checked baggage. If you've no bags to check, you can go directly to the security checkpoint and then to your gate.
- You are booked on an Air Canada or Air Canada Express flight* (flights with other airlines are not eligible);
- You have purchased a paper ticket or an electronic ticket through aircanada.com, Air Canada Reservations, or your travel agent.
- You are travelling with or without checked baggage**;
You’ll need to identify yourself using one of the following:
- Your booking reference
- Your payment card***
- Your Aeroplan or Star AllianceTM frequent flyer card
- The barcode that appears on your itinerary receipt
- Your passport
|*||For itineraries that include a connecting flight, your first flight must be with Air Canada or Air Canada Express.|
|**||You may deposit your bags at the Baggage Drop-Off counter within the four (4) hour period prior to departure.|
|***||Payment card information is used for identification purposes only: no fee will be charged and your Payment card information will not be retained.|
Be sure you have all of the following information and identification on hand:
- The first and last names of all passengers (entered individually for security purposes)
- The total number of bags to check for each passenger
- APIS information for travel to Canada, to/from the U.S. and other countries:
- Gender, date of birth, nationality and country of residence
- Travel document or passport number, country of issue and expiry date
- Destination address in the U.S. (if applicable)
To pay additional checked baggage charges at a Self-Service Kiosk, simply go to the Baggage Selection screen and follow the instructions.
The Kiosk allows you to accumulate points on any of the following airlines:
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air China
- Air New Zealand
- All Nippon Airways
- Austrian Airlines
- Asiana Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Thai Airways International
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways
- TAM Airlines
- TAP Portugal
- Turkish Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
The following information is required to retrieve the group itinerary on the kiosk touch screen:
- The booking reference or Aeroplan number, or the number of the credit card used to purchase the tickets,
- The first and last names of all the passengers in the group (entered individually for security purposes);
- The total number of bags to check for each passenger;
- Advance Passenger Information (APIS), if required. APIS information includes:
- Gender, date of birth, nationality, country of residence
- Travel document or passport number, as well as country of issue and expiry date
- Destination address if travelling to the U.S.
* Credit card information is used for identification purposes only: no fee will be charged and your credit card information will not be retained.
- Deer Lake
- Fort McMurray
- Grande Prairie
- London, ON
- Montreal Trudeau
- Prince George
- Quebec City
- Saint John, NB
- St John's
- Thunder Bay
- Toronto City
- Toronto Pearson
- Chicago O'Hare
- Dallas Fort Worth
- Fort Lauderdale
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Newark NJ
- Maui Kahului Airport, Hawaii
- New York LaGuardia
- San Francisco
- Washington Ronald Reagan
- Buenos Aires
- Hong Kong
- Kingston, Jamaica
- London Heathrow
- Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Santiago, Chile
- Sao Paulo
- Shanghai Pudong
- Tokyo Narita