Whichever option you choose, please make sure you have your travel documents as well as your booking reference, Aeroplan number or ticket number handy.
Web and Mobile
Check in from 24 hours before your flight up until the check-in deadline and purchase your travel options.
Print your boarding pass at home or have it sent to your mobile device. If you are departing from Algeria, Cuba or Morocco, you will need to see an airport agent to receive your boarding pass.
Tag any checked bags at an airport kiosk then proceed to Baggage Drop-off.
Airport Self-Serve Kiosk
Check in from 12 hours before your flight up until the check-in deadline and purchase your travel options.
Print your boarding pass and baggage tags.
Tag any checked bags then proceed to Baggage Drop-off.
Services offered during check-in
- Select a standard or Preferred seat
- Indicate the number of bags you are checking in and pay any baggage fees
- Make a same-day change or stand by for an earlier flight (if eligible)
- Request an upgrade using your eUpgrade credits (if eligible)
- Purchase a last minute upgrade (when available)
- Add or change your Aeroplan or other frequent flyer number
- Upload your health documents (for example: vaccination documents, COVID-19 test results)
When to check in with an airport agent
The following customers will need to check in with an airport agent:
- Children travelling with our Unaccompanied Minor service
- Customers requiring medical assistance, the use of a wheelchair or whose reservation contains a special request
- Passengers travelling with a pet in the cabin or the baggage compartment
Where is the Web Check-in service offered?
You can check in online:
- From all stations operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge
Who is eligible to use Web Check-in?
Web Check-in at aircanada.com is offered for passengers flying:
- On Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express. Flights operated by other airlines are not eligible;
- For connecting flights: your first flight must be operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express.
- With or without baggage
Please note: You must check in through an agent at the Air Canada check-in counter if your reservation contains a special request such as:
- Medical assistance
- Unaccompanied minor assistance
What information is required to begin Web Check-in?
When starting Web Check-in, please have the following information on hand:
- Booking Reference: 6 alphanumeric characters (example: ABC123)
- Aeroplan ID: 9 numeric characters (example: 123456789)
- Air Canada Employee Number: 8 alphanumeric characters (example: AC012345)
- Ticket Number: 13 numeric characters (example: 014 1234567890)
- Your passport and any other required travel documents, including your address in the U.S. (if travelling to the United States)
How does Web Check-in work for groups?
You may check-in up to 9 passengers at a time. For instance, if the group consists of 27 passengers, the group representative will need to complete 3 check-in sessions containing 9 passengers each. Be sure you have all of the following information and identification on hand:
- The booking reference number (either a 6-digit Air Canada reference number or the booking reference number provided by your travel agent)
- The first and last names of all passengers (entered individually for security purposes)
- The ticket number: 13 numeric characters (example: 014 1234567890)