If you've already travelled
To request a refund or for information on the status of a refund, complete our:
If you haven't travelled yet
Always present your refund request via your original point of purchase.
- If you booked at aircanada.com, you can cancel your booking online by going to My Bookings.
- If yours is a fully refundable fare, this will automatically initiate your refund process.
- If you booked directly with Air Canada, or you're cancelling a booking for which an upgrade was confirmed, contact Air Canada Reservations.
- If you booked through a travel agency, another airline or website, contact them directly.
Whom should I contact to request a refund for a service that I purchased with Air Canada but did not receive?
It is important to always present your refund request via the original point of purchase. Only contact one department. Please refrain from sending your request for refund to more than one department.
If you purchased a fully-refundable fare at aircanada.com:
- You can cancel your booking by going to the Manage My Bookings page. This will automatically initiate your refund process.
If you booked directly with Air Canada:
- And your ticket is for future travel or you are cancelling a booking for which an upgrade has been confirmed, contact Air Canada Reservations.
- And your ticket was for travel that has past, complete our Ticket Refund Application FormOpens in New Window.
If you booked your flight with a travel agency:
- Contact your travel agent directly.
If you booked with another airline or website:
- Contact them directly.
I cancelled my trip and have a credit that I’d like to use. Which department can best assist me?
How long will it take for my refund to be processed?
What happens if I cancel my reservation within 24 hours of purchase?
If your refund request is being reviewed by Refund Services or Customer Relations, it may take up to 3 weeks (unless otherwise stated by applicable law) for your refund claim to be reviewed.
If you have not received any information after 3 weeks, you can check the status of your refundOpens in New Window.
Fares may be subject to penalties.
Refunds are credited back to the original method of payment. (Note: In the case of cash and Interac online payments, customers will receive a cheque in the mail.)
All refund assessments are based on Air Canada’s tariffs and policies as well as the terms and conditions of your purchase. Fare rules explain refundability of your purchase. Please read this information carefully.