Policy updated: February 25, 2021
The complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Emergency and Medical Insurance will no longer be offered for any new bookings made after June 30, 2021.
Eligible international round-trip bookings made between February 1 and June 30, 2021, originating in Canada (travel duration of a maximum of 21 days and travel must be completed by October 31, 2021) will include complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Emergency Medical Insurance underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (Manulife).
This Manulife COVID-19 Insurance covers eligible Canadian residents, who are Aeroplan Members, when travelling internationally on a booking made with Air Canada, for travel completed by October 31, 2021. Manulife coverage will be automatically included if eligible when booking is purchased, or flight is redeemed. There are no registration forms to complete and premiums are paid for by Air Canada.
IMPORTANT: Each passenger on an eligible booking must be an Aeroplan Member and have a unique Aeroplan number associated with their ticket before checking in in order to receive complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Emergency Medical Insurance.
Not a member? Sign up here. Enrollment is easy and free.
- All eligibility requirements must be met in order to receive complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Emergency Medical Insurance.
- All passengers on new international round-trip bookings made from February 1, 2021 until June 30, 2021 inclusively, for travel completed by October 31, 2021.
- Passenger must be a Canadian resident with a valid provincial or territory government health insurance plan for the duration of the trip.
- Each passenger on a booking must be an Aeroplan Member and have a unique Aeroplan number associated with their ticket before checking in in order to receive complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Emergency Medical Insurance. This eligibility requirement is not applicable to children less than 2 years old. Minors can only be enrolled by their parent or legal guardian.
- Bookings must be ticketed by Air Canada on a new Air Canada ticket (code 014) issued between February 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021, which include at least one Air Canada flight.
- The duration of your trip outside Canada needs to be 21 days or less (to calculate the duration of your trip, include the date you leave Canada and the date you return to Canada)
- If your trip exceeds 21 days, you are not eligible for this coverage.
- If you change your initial booking before or after you leave Canada and your trip duration exceeds 21 days, you are not eligible for this coverage for any portion of your trip.
- Travel must originate in Canada to any international destination (USA included) for which there is no Level-4 “avoid all travel” advisory in effect issued by the Canadian government at time of departure.
- There is no age restriction to be eligible for this coverage.
- Passenger must not be advised by a physician not to travel.
|Medical Coverage after a COVID-19 positive test result in destination||Up to $200,000 per insured|
|Emergency Air Transport to return you home||Included in $200,000 per insured|
|Repatriation due to death||Up to policy limits as outlined in the certificate of insurance|
What's not covered
- Travel booked for periods longer than 21 days (the entire trip is not eligible).
- Travel beyond October 31, 2021.
- Tickets purchased from another airline, even if that airline is a code-share partner airline of Air Canada, regardless of whether the flight is operated by Air Canada.
- Travel during your cruise dates, or any expenses related to your cruise.
- Quarantine expenses after a COVID-19 positive test result, denied entry, or contact tracing in destination.
- One-way tickets.
- Air Canada Vacations bookings are not eligible as they are subject to a separate complimentary COVID-19 insurance coverage and policy. More details here.
- Residents of any other country aside from Canada.
- Changes to existing bookings, with an original purchase date prior to February 1, 2021 are not eligible.
Not eligible for the complimentary Manulife COVID-19 Emergency Medical Insurance or looking for additional COVID-19 medical coverage? You can now purchase COVID-19 medical and quarantine coverage directly with Manulife.
Frequently asked questions
Have questions? Consult the Manulife FAQ for more details. You can also contact Manulife by calling to speak to a Manulife customer service representative at 1-866-521-8506 or emailing them at email@example.com