Don’t just count miles, make them count
Take your miles to a higher level faster with over 150 retail, financial and travel partners. A higher rewarding loyalty program simply does not exist because Aeroplan® is quite simply Canada’s most-rewarding loyalty program. Period. You have more opportunities to earn Miles. More partnerships to participate in. And Air Canada and its 27 Star Alliance member airline partners allow you to quickly and easily earn Miles towards exciting travel rewards and privileges.
Here are some ways to use Aeroplan Miles
Turn Aeroplan Miles into something amazing
You can use your Aeroplan Miles to:
- Book a flight reward with Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge or another Star Alliance member airlineOpens in New Window
- Enjoy onboard and airport travel perks
- Redeem for other Aeroplan Rewards
- Donate your miles to those less fortunate or towards environmental causes.
Here are some of the ways to earn Aeroplan Miles
Aeroplan puts more people in more reward seats than any other Canadian loyalty program. In fact, an Aeroplan Member takes off every 20 seconds on a reward seat! With the global network of Air Canada and Star Alliance member airlines, you can travel just about anywhere on a flight reward. There are no blackout periods and, on Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge flights, just about any available seat is eligible thanks to Market Fare Flight Rewards.
Redeeming flight rewards
Non-flight rewards You can also redeem your Aeroplan Miles for Air Canada products and services at the airport or on board, such as:
- A $50 CAD Air Canada Duty-Free Boutique Gift Certificate for on-board purchases
- An Air Canada Maple Leaf™ Lounge Guest Pass, valid for flights within North America
- An annual Air Canada Maple Leaf Club membership
- An annual Air Canada Maple Leaf Club membership with spousal membership
- An Air Canada Gift Card (available in multiple denominations) to fly to any of Air Canada’s destinations worldwide and to pay for travel options, advance seat selection/change fees and more.
You can use your Aeroplan Miles to help children in need. By donating your Aeroplan Miles to the Air Canada Foundation Opens in New Window , you are helping children to reach medical care not available in their communities. Help us do even more!
Donate your Aeroplan Miles
You can redeem your Aeroplan Miles to offset your carbon footprint when you fly with Air Canada. Aeroplan will match the miles you redeem, plus an additional 20%, by transferring the total amount toward carbon offsets from Offsetters.
Accumulation of Aeroplan Miles
- To earn Aeroplan Miles when travelling with Air Canada, you must:
- Be an Aeroplan Member
- Provide your Aeroplan Number when booking your travel online, by phone or with your travel agent
- o Complete travel on eligible
- Scheduled flights operated by Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge
- Scheduled flights operated on behalf of Air Canada Express by Jazz, Air Georgian Limited, Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd. and Sky Regional
- Air Canada Vacations charter flights
- Air Canada code-share flights operated by Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, Central Mountain Air, Sri Lankan Airlines, Etihad Airways and Aer Lingus
- Aeroplan Miles will be credited to the Aeroplan account of the traveller, regardless of who pays for the ticket.
- Aeroplan Members are also subject to other Terms and Conditions of Aeroplan Opens in New Window .
Earn on aircanada.com
To earn Aeroplan Miles when purchasing at aircanada.com, you must:
- Be an Aeroplan Member
- Provide your Aeroplan Number when completing your purchase online at aircanada.com
Car rental bookings
- To earn Aeroplan Miles for a booking made at aircanada.com, you must sign in by providing your Aeroplan Number before finalizing your booking. Aeroplan Miles cannot be accumulated or credited retroactively after your car booking is made.
- Aeroplan Miles will only be awarded for completed Avis and Budget car rentals booked through aircanada.com (excluding taxes, fees and surcharges, where applicable) when using a dedicated aircanada.com AWD (Avis Worldwide Discount) and BCD (Budget Customer Discount) number. Miles for bookings may not be earned on rentals with an affiliated, membership or corporate discount number. The above excludes Aeroplan Miles awarded by Avis, where renter can earn 500 Aeroplan Miles at participating airport locations in Canada, the U.S. and Worldwide, and 250 Aeroplan Miles at participating off-airport locations in Canada and the U.S.
- Aeroplan Miles earned for a car rental do not qualify as Altitude Qualifying Miles so do not count towards Air Canada Altitude status.
- Aeroplan Miles earned will be credited to your Aeroplan Account approximately 90 days after your car rental is completed.
- Any bookings made via the call centre are not eligible for Aeroplan Mile accumulation.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
- Aeroplan Miles are awarded for every completed hotel stay booked at aircanada.com, exclusive of taxes and fees.
- To earn Aeroplan Miles for a booking made at aircanada.com, you must sign in by providing your Aeroplan Number before finalizing your booking. Miles cannot be accumulated or credited retroactively after your hotel booking is made.
- All Aeroplan Miles earned will be credited to your Aeroplan Account approximately 90 days after your hotel stay is completed.
- Any bookings made via the call centre are not eligible to earn Aeroplan Miles.
- Aeroplan Miles are only awarded for travel insurance purchased during the flight booking process on aircanada.com exclusive of taxes and fees.
- To earn Aeroplan Miles for a travel insurance purchase on aircanada.com, you must sign in by providing your Aeroplan Number.
- Completing your purchase without signing in with your Aeroplan Number will not entitle you to Aeroplan Miles.
- Aeroplan Numbers cannot be added once the reservation is completed and your Aeroplan Account cannot be retroactively credited.
- Any travel insurance purchased via the RBC Insurance® Contact Centre call centre is not eligible to earn Aeroplan Miles.
- Aeroplan Miles are awarded for eligible preordered duty-free items purchased at aircanada.com. Purchases must be made by credit card and must have a minimum value of $49 CAD and a maximum value of $1,000 CAD per person.
- To earn Aeroplan Miles for preordered duty-free items purchased, you must sign in by providing your Aeroplan Number before finalizing your purchase. Miles cannot be accumulated or credited retroactively after your purchase is made.
- All Aeroplan Miles earned will be credited to your Aeroplan Account approximately 90 days after your online purchase is made.
- Preorder purchases must be completed at least 96 hours before your flight’s scheduled departure time and are offered on eligible itineraries and delivered on flights leaving Canada only.
- View complete details.
® Aeroplan and ClassicPlus Flight are Registered Trademarks of Aeroplan Canada Inc.
™ aircanada.com and Maple Leaf are Trademarks of Air Canada.
™ Air Canada Express, Air Canada Altitude, Altitude Super Elite, Altitude Elite and Altitude Prestige are trademarks of Air Canada. Star Alliance is a registered trademark of the Star Alliance Members.
® Registered trademark of Royal Bank of Canada. Used under license.