Your way to stay ahead and stay informed
On My Way is the new name for peace of mind. Everyone at some point deals with the unexpected. Unpredictable weather conditions, airport and air traffic delays. Everyone has experienced them. Air Canada understands how frustrating such situations can be and we respond like a responsible airline should – we work hard to rebook you on the first available flight out so you can get to your destination as quickly as possible.
But Air Canada goes one step further by offering On My Way, a unique service in North America that goes beyond what airlines normally do, so you’ll always be prepared, no matter what setback you encounter.
|Without On My Way||With On My Way|
Rebooking on any North American airline
Limited to searching for seats on the next available flight with your current airline or one of its partners. Choice is based on the airline's criteria.
We'll get you on the very next available flight of your choosing, with Air Canada, one of its partners, or any other North American airline*.
Complimentary meal allowance, hotel accommodation or ground transportation for ANY extended delay
Standard service does not provide for additional expenses for disruptions outside the airline's control.
Whatever the reason, our qualified On My Way agents will pull out all the stops to get you back on your way. And you can count on us to arrange for meals, car rental and hotel accommodations if you're forced to stay put.We'll even pick up the tab!
Specialized call centre assistance tailored to your needs
Standard 24/7 service provided through general support centres
Priority access to our team of specially-trained Air CanadaOn My Way agents who are available around the clock to assist you with all your unexpected travel needs.
* Rebooking will be made on the first available flight on Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or Air Canada Express, or any other Scheduled-North-American-Airline scheduled North American airline.
Register for our Flight Notifications service to receive delay or cancellation information, or gate-change details for your Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight. Notifications can be sent directly to your text-messaging-enabled phone or your email address.
Sign up for Flight Notifications to your mobile device or e-mail!
The On My Way service can be purchased for North American travel for much less than you’d expect to pay for this type of peace of mind:
- Short-haul (up to 1,000 miles): $25.00 - $28.75* per one-way trip
- Long-haul (1,001 miles or more): $35.00 - $40.25* per one-way trip
* Fees are inclusive of the minimum (0%) to maximum (15%) tax which may apply, based on your itinerary.
How to purchase
- At time of booking:
Select the On My Way option when choosing travel options after you have made your flight selection
- If you have already completed your booking:
Go to the Manage my Bookings page, retrieve your flight booking, and you’ll have the option to add the On My Way service at any time 96 hours or more before your flight.
The On My Way service may be purchased:
- for Air Canada-coded flights operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge, or by an Air Canada Express carrier, i.e., Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. or Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd. for travel within Canada and between Canada and the Continental U.S.A., Hawaii and Alaska (flights operated by codeshare partners are excluded)
- for Business Class, Latitude, Flex, and Tango fares
- for applicable bookings made more than 96 hours prior to travel
- The On My Way service applies to flight disruptions that are within or beyond the airline’s control, and which occur within 48 hours of your scheduled departure time
Here are a few other important details:
- The On My Way service is available only through the On My Way desk. No other Air Canada employees are equipped to provide specialized On My Way service. If an On My Way customer fails to call the On My Way desk and chooses to call Air Canada Reservations or request service from an Airport Customer Service agent, the customer will receive the same standard service as that provided to all Air Canada customers who have not purchased the On My Way service
- If you have purchased On My Way for an eligible flight and you are rebooked on another flight, the service is automatically transferred to the new flight booking
- The On My Way service is non-refundable. If you choose to change a booking for which you have purchased the On My Way service, you may transfer the On My Way option to your new booking, provided your new flight is operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge, or by an Air Canada Express carrier (i.e., Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. or Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd.), and does not include a connecting flight with another carrier
- On My Way is not a replacement for travel insurance or the services your travel agent may provide
View detailed Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to an Air Canada customer ("Customer") purchasing the On My Way service ("On My Way"). Air Canada reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and to terminate the On My Way at any time without notice.
- On My Way may be purchased only on aircanada.com and only for flights operated by Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge, and Air Canada Express flights operated by Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. or Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd., for travel within Canada and between Canada and the Continental U.S.A, Hawaii, and Alaska. Original bookings that include a connecting flight with another airline are not eligible for the On My Way service.
- On My Way provides the services described in these terms and conditions in the event that Air Canada cancels or delays a flight within forty-eight (48) hours of a Customer's scheduled flight, whatever the cause or reason for the flight delay or cancellation ("Flight Cancellation").
- In the event of Flight Cancellation, and subject to the terms and conditions contained herein, On My Way provides only the services listed as follows:
- Exclusive toll-free access to the On My Way desk, staffed with specialized Air Canada agents available to provide assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The exclusive number for the On My Way desk, toll free from anywhere in Canada, the Continental U.S.A., Hawaii, and Alaska, is provided on the Customer's itinerary receipt and e-mail confirmation page.
- The On My Way service is available only through the On My Way desk. No other Air Canada employee is equipped to provide specialized On My Way service. If the On My Way Customer fails to call the On My Way desk and chooses to call Air Canada Reservations or request service from an Airport Customer Service agent, the Customer will receive the same standard service as that provided to all Air Canada customers who have not purchased the On My Way service.
- Following contact by the Customer with the On My Way desk, and provided the Customer has all checked baggage in his/her possession, rebooking will take place, at Customer's choosing, on (i) the first available Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. or Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd. flight or (ii) the first available flight of any other airline with e-ticket capability. Whenever possible, rebooking will be in same cabin class as originally booked. If no seat is available in the original cabin class, the Customer will be offered a seat in a different cabin class.
- Where no flight, either on Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd., or any other airline with e-ticket capability is available for rebooking and where the trip can be completed through ground transportation, the Customer will be offered the option of car rental service (with a provider selected by Air Canada), for use over a distance of a maximum of 200 kilometres.
- A meal allowance of an amount determined by Air Canada will be provided to the Customer for any delay of four (4) hours or more.
- Where car rental is not available, or where the Customer cannot or elects not to travel by car, or where the Customer elects to await the next available Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. or Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd., flight, then, at the Customer's option, On My Way desk agents shall:
- arrange hotel accommodations selected by Air Canada for the Customer and ground transportation between the airport and the hotel; or
- in lieu of hotel accommodation and meal allowance, provide the Customer local boarding compensation as follows: (i) a parking allowance (up to a maximum of $40) where the Customer has incurred parking expenses; or, alternatively, (ii) a taxi allowance (up to a maximum of $100), where the Customer has incurred taxi expenses. The Customer may receive compensation for only one form of the compensation indicated above.
- All fees requested by third party providers will be either pre-paid by Air Canada or reimbursed directly by Air Canada on Customer's credit card. The Customer is not required to present proof of expense.
- Should the Customer, prior to or following a Flight Delay or Cancellation, elect to cancel his or her flight, then the Customer shall not be entitled to any of the services described in Section 3 above.
- Air Canada is not responsible for the acts or omissions of third party service providers offering air transportation, hotels, car rental or other services as described in the these terms and conditions for a Customer purchasing On My Way . All such services are subject to, and the Customer must meet, the terms, conditions and other requirements imposed by these third-party suppliers (e.g., qualifications for car rental or hotel stays). Car rental and hotel partners have minimum age requirements and require that the Customer present a valid and acceptable credit card to cover any incidental charges. The minimum age for a Customer is 25 years to rent a car and 18 years for a hotel stay. Air Canada is not liable (including, but not limited to, refunding fees) for failure by a Customer to meet these terms, conditions and requirements. The liability of such service providers may, in turn, be limited by their tariffs, conditions of carriage as well as international conventions and arrangements. Conditions of Carriage apply to flights bound to and from a Customer's destination, some of which limit or exclude liability.
- Air Canada assumes no responsibility for any claim, loss, damage, cost or expense arising out of personal injury, accident or death, loss, damage, delay of baggage or other property, or delay, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, upset, disappointment, distress or frustration, whether physical or mental, resulting from any of the following:
- The act of omission of any party other than Air Canada or its employees;
- The Customer's failure to obtain the documentation required for his/her trip such as passports, visas, and certificates; or
- The Customer's failure to abide by applicable terms and conditions, whether Air Canada's, one of its partners, or a third party provider, including but not limited to airport departure times, baggage handling, and check-in/checkout times.
- On My Way fees are non-refundable and are quoted in Canadian funds, unless otherwise indicated. Applicable taxes are payable at the time of purchase. If the Customer chooses to cancel a booking for which he/she has purchased theOn My Way service, the service may be transferred to the new booking, provided all flight eligibility requirements are met (e.g. new booking is with Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. or Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd., and does not include a connecting flight with another carrier).