Looking for an aisle seat, one next to a window or a little more space?
You can always select your seat free of charge at check-in. But if you’d rather not wait, you can pick your seat in advance, free or for a fee:
|Standard Seat – Window or aisle, you decide|
|Business Class/Premium Economy/Latitude/Flex||
|Preferred Seats – Looking for a little more legroom?|
|Choose a Preferred Seat starting at $19*|
* Prices are per passenger, per one-way flight segment and inclusive of taxes. Flight segments are identified by a change in flight number, with each new flight number representing a flight segment. Fees apply to flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or an Air Canada Express carrier.
How can I make sure my young child and I are seated together?
Our intent is to always seat children with a parent or guardian. For this reason, we offer complimentary seat assignment for parents/guardians and children under the age of 12 who are travelling together.
It’s important to always indicate in your booking, or advise the Air Canada agent or your travel agent at time of booking that you are travelling with young children.
If you’ve already completed your reservation, you can go to My Bookings 36 hours after booking to confirm that your child has automatically been seated with a parent or guardian. Alternatively, please contact Air Canada Reservations or your travel agent to make the necessary changes.
- In the event that adjacent seating cannot be arranged, Air Canada will offer other flight options or a full refund.
Air Canada Vacations bookings:
Click on the ‘View & Print Itinerary’ link to view your seating arrangement
Bookings with a travel agent or via another travel website:
Click on the seat selection tool link to view your seating arrangement.
How and when can I select or change my seat online?
You can select your seat online when you book your flight on aircanada.com*, and you’re travelling on:
- An Air Canada or Air Canada Rouge flight**
- An Air Canada Express flight operated by Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. or Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd.
|I'm about to book my flight at aircanada.com||
You can choose your seat as you complete your booking.
|I already booked my flight at aircanada.com||
Up to 2 hours before your flight:
Please note that if the link is deactivated, for security reasons, you’ll be required to enter the credit card number used at time of booking before selecting or changing your seat.
|I'm about to check in for my flight||
This option is also available at our airport self-serve check-in kiosks.
*Preferred seats can be purchased for a small fee.
What else do I need to know?
The following terms and conditions apply to seat selection.
- Advance seat selection charges are per passenger.
- Your seat selection and any related charges apply, per passenger, to each individual one-way flight segment in your itinerary.
- Tango standard seat selection charges are non refundable, except if:
- you are moved to a seat different than the one you selected due to an involuntary schedule or airport change (e.g. flight disruption, cancellation). If you are moved from your seat for one of these reasons, you may request a refund for your seat charges.
- you decide not to travel on your selected itinerary and you paid for Tango standard seat selection. The value of your Tango standard seat selection charge will be retained and can be applied towards seat selection on a future Air Canada itinerary.