With flight notification, you’ll get the most accurate and reliable information on your flight, no matter where you are.
You’ll receive any delay or cancellation information or gate change details for your Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flight directly to your text-messaging-enabled phone or your email address.
What You Need to Know
- Notifications apply exclusively to Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express flights (domestic, transborder and international).
- You can sign up for a Flight Notification up to 30 days in advance and even add multiple contact points to each notification.
- Notifications are sent:
- 24 hours prior to departure,
- 4 hours prior to departure, then,
- periodically for changes occurring within 4 hours of departure.
- Notifications are sent only if there is a delay of 15 minutes or more or if your flight is cancelled.
- Departure notifications cease 15 minutes prior to actual departure.
- Arrival notifications cease when the plane lands.
- No notification is sent if the flight is on time.
- If your flight number changes because of a delay or cancellation, you will need to manually update your original notification request with your new flight details. Notifications are not automatically readjusted for flight changes.
- Gate change notifications are sent only within 2 hours of departure.
Since flight status information can change at any time, we suggest that, unless your flight has been listed as "cancelled," you always check in for the original scheduled departure time of your flight and check the airport monitors for any last minute updates.
Air Canada will do everything possible to ensure that we provide the most accurate flight status information at all times. However, Air Canada is not liable for non-delivery of messages and cannot guarantee the timeliness or reliability of SMS message receipt.