Are you looking for the status of a query you submitted via our Web form?
Our contact centre agents are not able to access that information, but you can enter your case number for the latest updates on your request.
Most Common Questions
- What are the size and weight restrictions for baggage?
- How can I change or cancel my reservation?
- Can I select my seat in advance?
- Can I get a refund for a ticket I didn't use?
- How do I check in and get my boarding pass?
- How do I report a missing or damaged bag?
- Can I change or cancel an Aeroplan flight reward?
- Where can I request missing Aeroplan points?
- Do my Aeroplan points expire?
Explore Other Topics
Aviation Consumer Protection Division, C-75
U.S. Department of Transportation
1200 New Jersey Avenue, S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20590
Consumer Protection ("Superintendencia de Transporte")
For legal notices related to passenger claims, please contact:
How can we help you?
Do you have a question or comment for us? You can look through our topics to see if we've already covered your question, or contact us by phone or email anytime.
Our baggage section will help you pack smart. You’ll find details on what you can and cannot bring on board with you, on maximum size and weight allowances, as well as on specific restrictions and regulations.
We’ll also answer your questions about special and oversized items such as sports or hunting equipment and musical instruments.
Your bag was damaged or delayed?
Find out how to report and follow up on delayed or damaged baggage.
Do you have another baggage-related claim or issue?
Are you looking for a lost item?
Our lost and found items page contains useful information on what you can do.
Cancelling an Online Booking
Within 24 hours of purchase, any booking made on aircanada.com can be cancelled online and is fully refundable.
After 24 hours, you can cancel your booking online, provided:
- you originally booked your flight on aircanada.com,
- all of your flight segments are eligible for cancellation
You should always be aware, at time of purchase, if your ticket is refundable and under what conditions. Many tickets (e.g. many promotional or seat sale tickets) are non-refundable, while others may be subject to a refund penalty which limits their refundable value. In most cases, the words "non-refundable" or "non-ref" are clearly printed on the ticket and ticket receipt.
In the case of a refundable ticket, only the unused portion of the ticket is refundable.
Get step-by-step instructions on how to cancel your flight online, as well as useful information on how to request a refund (if applicable) or use an outstanding travel credit toward the purchase of a new ticket.
Changing your Flight
Any booking made on aircanada.com can be changed online up until 2 hours before departure. Simply select the "My Bookings" tab at aircanada.com to retrieve your booking.
If your booking is eligible for online changes, the change option will appear on the page.
- Any applicable fare difference(s) or change fees are clearly itemized before you confirm your new flight details.
- If a refund is due, it will be credited back to the original form of payment.
- An email will be sent to an address you specify to confirm that your changes have been made.
The following bookings cannot be changed online. You’ll need to call Air Canada Reservations (unless otherwise stated):
- A bookings for which you need to add, remove or replace one or more passengers.
- The remaining portion of a booking if one or more segments of your itinerary have already been flown.
- A booking made through Air Canada Vacations. Contact Air Canada Vacations Opens in New Windowdirectly.
- A booking made through a travel agent. Contact your travel agent.
Note: If you have a non-refundable ticket, please note that when changing to a lower fare, any difference in value is forfeited.
Comments / Issues / Suggestions
Would you like to comment on your Air Canada experience or inform us of other travel-related issues you encountered? Or maybe you'd like to make a suggestion. We appreciate your feedback; it helps us improve the services we offer.
Or write to:
Air Canada - Customer Relations
P.O. Box 64239
Calgary, AB, Canada
In your correspondence with us, make sure you include as much information as possible, including any documentation you have. This will allow us to examine your comment or issue carefully and ensure it is directed to the right people at our airline. And we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
UK, France, Italy and Denmark Alternative Dispute Resolution – flights to and from the UK, France, Italy and Denmark
Spain Aviation Safety and Security Agency (AESA) - Flights from Spain
Liquids and Medication
If you're travelling with very young children, you can bring formula, breast milk, juice and baby food (in small containers) on board.
Always pack medication in your carry-on baggage. All prescription medications must be properly labelled with the names of the patient, the medication, and the issuing medical office or pharmacy.
For useful information on types and quantities of liquids and gels permitted on board, view our Reminder to TravellersOpen PDF file (pdf file, 267 KB), or visit the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority Opens in New Window (CATSA) website.
Lost and Found
Are you looking for a lost item?
Our lost and found page contains useful information on what you can do.
Managing Email Preferences
Managing your email preferences is as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4:
- Go to our Email offers Opens in New Window page.
- The link also appears in our footer.
- When you get there, enter the email address at which you currently receive your Air Canada emails, then click on GO.
- For your protection, an email is then sent to you asking you to confirm that you wish to modify your email preferences.
- Follow the instructions on the email and you're ready to:
- Subscribe to new email services,
- Unsubscribe from any that you no longer want, or
- Update your personal information.
Whatever changes you decide to make while on the Email Offers page, remember to always click on the bright red SAVE button when you're done. This will ensure that your changes have been recorded.
We also provide an UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of all of our emails. You can use that link to unsubscribe at any time.
For information about travelling with a medical condition, including those that require advance notice and medical approval for travel, we've detailed everything you need to know on our Accessibility services page. If you have additional questions, or need to advise us of your medical condition, you can contact the Air Canada Medical Assistance Desk:
Hours of operation (Eastern Time):
Monday to Friday: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
To request a refund or for information on the status of a refund:
- Refund Information and Services
- Redeem electronic travel voucher (EMCO) / paper travel voucher (MCO)
If you booked at aircanada.com, you can cancel your booking online by going to the My Bookings tab. This will generate a refund, if applicable.
If you booked through an agency, contact your travel agent; otherwise, call Air Canada Reservations.
Telephone and Email Scams
Air Canada cooperates with the RCMP in the investigation of all cases in which its name is involved. You can report suspicious emails or telephone calls to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre Opens in New Window.
If you responded to a suspicious email, gave personal information or have lost money, please call the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
You can also notify Air Canada by forwarding the email to: email@example.com.
Ticket Receipts / Billing Enquiries
If you booked at aircanada.com, access your booking online to get a copy of your ticket or receipt. If you booked through an agency, contact your travel agent. For all other bookings, contact Air Canada Reservations.
Write to us to get a copy of a ticket or receipt or for an explanation of a credit card charge.
Car Rental Bookings
AVIS / Budget
Hotels.com (13-digit booking code)
View/Cancel your hotel reservation Opens in New Window