Check in to your Air Canada flights from wherever you are!
Mobile check-in is available when:
- You travel with an electronic ticket on Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express from most of the airports Air Canada serves (with more airports added regularly).
To Access Mobile Check-in:
During check-in, you can choose to receive your electronic boarding pass directly on your mobile device. You can also:
- Purchase your standard or Preferred seat
- Indicate the number of bags you’re checking in and pay any baggage fees
- Make a same-day change or stand by for an earlier flight (if eligible)
- Request an upgrade using your eUpgrade credits or Add-ons (when available)
- Purchase a last minute upgrade (when available)
- Add, renew or change your Aeroplan or other frequent flyer number
- Have your boarding pass sent to your mobile device.
- Access Air Canada’s Delayed and Cancelled Flight Service if your flight has been affected by severe weather
From 24 hours before departure, until the check-in deadline, you can also use the online or mobile check-in option to cancel your check-in, provided you did not print any bag tags.
FAQ – More about Mobile Check-in
Who cannot use mobile check-in?
Mobile check-in will not be offered if:
- You are flying out of an airport where the service is not available
- You are travelling on a flight operated by another airline
- Your booking is for more than four passengers
When can I check in with my mobile device?
You can check in at any time from 24-hours before your flight and
- at least 45 minutes prior to departure for flights within Canada*
- at least 60 minutes prior to departure for flights between Canada and other countries (including the U.S.)
If you have a connecting flight, always consider the local time of the airport from which your last flight in or out departs.
** Exception: the check-in deadline for flights departing from Toronto's city airport (YTZ) is 20 minutes.
How does mobile check-in work?
To access Air Canada Mobile Services, type mobile.aircanada.com on your mobile device's Web browser.
- Open your Web browser on your Internet-enabled mobile device and navigate to mobile.aircanada.com. Once there, select the "Check-in" option.
- Enter your first name, last name, identification number (Aeroplan number or booking reference) and departure city.
- Select the passengers you wish to check in or make changes for.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select your seat, enter your number of checked bags and complete your check-in.
- If eligible for an Electronic Boarding Pass, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number to complete your check-in and receive your Electronic Boarding Pass. Otherwise, you can obtain your boarding pass at the airport at a Self-Service Kiosk or with an Air Canada agent.