Updated August 4, 2019
London Heathrow Airport (LHR) Unite staff are planning an industrial strike action that may impact London Heathrow airport users on August 6, 2019.
If you are travelling from London Heathrow on August 6, 2019, here are some travel tips to make your journey easier:
- The number of security lanes are expected to be reduced. Please arrive at the airport four (4) hours prior to your flight departure to ensure sufficient time to clear security.
- To expedite screening, please limit your onboard items to one small personal item that can fit under the seat in front of you. Please be certain to place all medications and keys in your carry-on item. Additional baggage items will be required to be checked in.
- Ensure your checked baggage remains within your baggage allowance.
Because of this, we understand that you may want to make alternate travel arrangements. If you currently have a reservation, Air Canada has implemented a policy that makes it possible for you to make voluntary changes to your itinerary if:
- You purchased an Air Canada ticket no later than August 2, 2019 for travel between August 4-6, 2019.
- Your itinerary includes a flight to, from or via London Heathrow Airport (LHR) in United Kingdom.
If you are scheduled to travel during the affected period, you may contact Air Canada Reservations (1-888-247-2262) to change your flight free of charge, to another date between now and August 13th, 2019, subject to availability in the cabin you originally purchased. Otherwise, any fare difference will apply.
If you purchased your ticket with Aeroplan Opens in New Window, or Air Canada Vacations Opens in New Window, please contact them directly.
A reminder to please make sure your contact details are up-to-date in the event we need to contact you. You can check your contact details via the My Bookings tab.
We will continue to update this page with new advice or information as required.