Enjoy some extra space
- Get up to 10 cm (4 in) of extra space between seats
- Bulkhead row seats offer more knee space than a regular seat
- On arrival, exit sooner – and get on your way quicker
How to purchase Preferred Seats
Preferred Seat prices range from $17 to $299 CAD/USD*. Aeroplan Elite Members and customers travelling on a Latitude or comfort fare can select a a Preferred Seat at no extra cost or at a reduced price.
- Preferred Seat
- Standard Seat
- Occupied Seat
Options to purchase Preferred Seats
It is recommended to purchase your Preferred Seat early in advance as availability is limited! Alternatively, you can select your Preferred Seat when you check in for your flight online, on your mobile device, or at an airport check-in kiosk**.
Note: Passenger safety is our top priority. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have modified our boarding zones to allow for adequate social-distancing between customers, therefore priority boarding for preferred seating is currently suspended until further notice. We apologize for this inconvenience.
* Prices are per one-way flight segment. Seat map shown here is for your reference only and it may change depending on the aircraft. The actual seat map will display the exact seat price (including taxes) for that flight. ↩
** Preferred Seats purchased through an agent at the check-in counter or at the gate are not eligible for early Zone 3 boarding.
Discount : "Discount
Expiry date : Expiry date
- See eligible routes
This flight is with another airline. The scheduled flight information is being provided, as real-time flight status results are not available.
Departed Estimated -
Arrived Estimated -
Estimated - Delayed
Estimated - Delayed
Air Canada flight information 1 888 422-7533
- Terms and Conditions
Which flights offer Preferred Seats?
Subject to availability, you can purchase Preferred Seats on any of our flights.
Preferred Seats are in exit rows, in select bulkhead rows and in the first few rows of the cabin on some flights.
Preferred Seats are not available on flights operated by our Star Alliance or other airline partners.
Can anyone sit in an exit row?
For safety reasons, not everyone can sit in an exit row. Exit row seating restrictions are detailed in our Terms and Conditions.
What if I have special seating requirements because of a medical condition or physical disability?
If you require special seating because of a justified medical condition or physical disability and you are given a Preferred Seat, the related seat charges will not apply. To request special seating, please contact the Air Canada Medical Assistance Desk:
1-800-667-4732 (toll-free between Canada and the U.S.)
1-514-369-7039 (long distance charges apply)
HOURS OF OPERATION (Eastern Time):
Monday to Friday: 6am to 8pm
Saturday and Sunday: 6am to 6pm
Can Flight Pass or Aeroplan Flight Reward customers purchase Preferred Seats?
Definitely! Once you’ve completed your reservation, go to My Bookings to retrieve it and access the seat selection link to purchase your Preferred Seat.
Note that Preferred Seats are complimentary for Aeroplan Super Elite Members travelling on an Aeroplan Flight Reward.
Can I use my Aeroplan points to purchase a Preferred Seat?
It’s not possible right now to purchase Preferred Seats using Aeroplan points, but you do collect Aeroplan points on your Air Canada flights
Preferred Seat Sale - Terms and Conditions
This Preferred Seat Sale (the "Offer") is valid for the purchase of Preferred Seats made between July 21, 2021, 12:00:01 EST and September 11, 2021, 11:59:59 EST (the “Offer Period”) for Eligible Flights
This Offer applies only for on flights operated by Air Canada® (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express® banner and operated by Air Canada Rouge®) within Canada or between Canada and the United States for travel dates between EST (an "Eligible Flight"). This Offer does not apply on codeshare and interline flights.
This Offer provides for a discount on undiscounted Preferred Seats purchases for Eligible Flights:
- If made before check-in, through Air Canada’s website (the "Website") while booking, or after booking through the "Manage my Bookings" section on the Website.
- If made during check-in:
- through the Air Canada mobile app;
- through the Website: or
- with an Air Canada check-in agent or at an Air Canada self-serve kiosk at the airport.
This Offer is limited in application to purchases made as outlined above.
Purchase of a Preferred Seat, before check-in, for an Eligible Flight booked through Air Canada Vacations® or an authorized Air Canada Vacations agent may only be done through the “Manage my Bookings” section on the Website.
This Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, discount, or promotion on Air Canada Preferred Seats. Subject to availability at time of purchase. Offer can be withdrawn at anytime and terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice. All Eligible Flights are subject to Air Canada’s General Conditions of Carriage and Tariffs and can be found on aircanada.com.
Health and safety protocols, guest conduct rules, and regional travel restrictions vary by ship and destination, and are subject to change without notice. Due to evolving health protocols, imagery and messaging may not accurately reflect onboard and destination experiences, offerings, features, or itineraries. These may not be available during your voyage on an Eligible Flight, may vary by ship and destination, and may be subject to change without notice.
Due to travel restrictions, government recommendations and passenger demand resulting from the impact of COVID-19, availability of Eligible Flights may vary during the Offer Period and are subject to change at any time without notice.
®Air Canada, ®Air Canada Express, ®Air Canada Rouge, Air Canada Vacations® and the Air Canada logo are registered trademarks of Air Canada.
Exit row seating restrictions
It’s important to know that not everyone can sit in an exit row. To sit in an exit row, you must be:
- 18 years of age or older, or at least 12 years old and accompanied in the exit row by someone from the same booking who is at least 18 years old.
- Able to read and understand English or French, and provide oral instructions in one of the two languages
- Able to visually assess if it is safe to open the emergency exit
- Free from any disability, condition or responsibilities (such as attending to another person) that may prevent you from performing the functions required to open an emergency exit
- Able to operate and safely evacuate through the emergency exit, and willing to assist in an evacuation in the event of an emergency
- You must inform Air Canada if, between time of booking and the day of the flight, the above requirements can no longer be met. If, for any reason, you do not inform Air Canada, the passenger(s) will be moved from the exit row seat at departure time
Other seating restrictions
- Passengers may not travel with a pet in the cabin when seated in an exit or bulkhead row
- You may be moved from your Preferred Seat without notice in the event of an involuntary schedule or airport change (e.g., flight disruption, cancellation) to accommodate a passenger with a disability, or for any other reason that requires Air Canada to move you prior to departure or during the flight
- If you are moved from your Preferred Seat for one of these reasons, you may request a refund for your Preferred Seat charges
- Your travel agency can request a Preferred Seat online, if the booking was made through our travel agency website, or by calling Air Canada Reservations
- Preferred Seat charges will be included as a separate item on your itinerary receipt
- Preferred Seats are not available for purchase at Air Canada airport ticket counters
Your Preferred Seat charge will not be refunded, in whole or in part, if:
- You change your seat selection in a way that results in a lower Preferred Seat charge.
- You change your seat selection from a Preferred Seat to a standard seat.
- You cancel your reservation more than 24 hours after booking.