In the event of a flight cancellation or a delay of more than three hours, Air Canada offers you the option of requesting a refund for the unused portion of your ticket, or using the unused portion toward future travel with us.
To Request a Refund
If your flight is cancelled or delayed by more than 3 hours and you'd like to obtain a refund for the unused portion of your ticket (including some fees and/or purchased travel options), please call Air Canada Reservations. You'll be directed to present your refund request via your original point of purchase.
If you choose to request a refund, the method with which you are refunded will accord with the method in which you paid. Your refund will include your fare and all taxes, as well as certain charges paid for added travel options.
To Retain the Ticket Value for Future Travel
To retain the value of your ticket for future travel:
- Contact Air Canada Reservations. Please provide the booking reference number or ticket number. A customer service agent will cancel your current reservation.
- Air Canada will retain the value of all unused portions of your ticket and certain related travel options. (Fares available online are not necessarily available through Air Canada Reservation.)
- You may also cancel your entire reservation or all remaining portions of your ticket online. Please keep your booking reference number so we can better assist you when you are ready to use the value of your ticket.
When you're ready to use the unused portion of your ticket for travel with us:
- Please contact Air Canada Reservations, and make sure to have your booking reference handy.
- Please keep in mind that:
- Any change fee associated to your original ticket will be waived.
- The value can be used for future travel on Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or Air Canada Express.
- Unused non-refundable travel options, such as assigned seat selection, Maple Leaf Lounge access, and Air Canada Bistro snack or meal vouchers may be used on future flights, subject to availability.
- If your ticket is fully unused, you must commence your travel within 12 months of the original issue date.
- If your ticket was partially used, you must complete your travel within 12 months of the first used portion.
- Tickets are non-transferable: the original booking passenger(s) must use their respective amount(s).
- Any amount remaining unused after booking a new flight is forfeited.