FAQ – More about Mobile Check-in
Who cannot use mobile check-in?
Mobile check-in will not be offered if:
- You are flying out of an airport where the service is not available
- You are travelling on a flight operated by another airline
- Your booking is for more than nine passengers
When can I check in with my mobile device?
You can check in at any time from 24-hours before your flight and
- at least 45 minutes prior to departure for flights within Canada*
- at least 60 minutes prior to departure for flights between Canada and other countries (including the U.S.)
If you have a connecting flight, always consider the local time of the airport from which your last flight in or out departs.
* Exception: the check-in deadline for flights departing from Toronto's city airport (YTZ) is 20 minutes.
How does mobile check-in work?
To access Air Canada Mobile Services, type mobile.aircanada.com on your mobile device's Web browser.
- Open your Web browser on your Internet-enabled mobile device and navigate to mobile.aircanada.com. Once there, select the "Check-in" option.
- Enter your first name, last name, identification number (Aeroplan number or booking reference) and departure city.
- Select the passengers you wish to check in or make changes for.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select your seat, enter your number of checked bags and complete your check-in.
- If eligible for an Electronic Boarding Pass, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number to complete your check-in and receive your Electronic Boarding Pass. Otherwise, you can obtain your boarding pass at the airport at a Self-Service Kiosk or with an Air Canada agent.