August 16, 2022
Air Canada has revised its checked baggage policy in various markets effective for tickets issued on or after August 23, 2022. For all tickets, including group tickets, issued before August 23, 2022, the previous rates still apply.
The changes baggage allowances and fees apply to Basic, Standard and Flex fares and will apply by direction, fare class, destination, date of ticket purchase and frequent flyer status.
Below provides an overview of the revised checked baggage allowance and fees, removing all exceptions:
- Baggage fees for passengers travelling within Canada or to/from the U.S remain unchanged
- Baggage fees for passengers travelling between Canada/U.S. and Caribbean/Mexico/Central America
- 1st bag $30 when purchasing a Basic or Standard fare to align across all markets
- 2nd bag $50 when purchasing a Basic, Standard, or Flex fare (unchanged)
- 2nd bag fee will now be effective on all markets, $100 for each direction when purchasing Basic, Standard or Flex fare
- For travel between Canada/U.S. and South America
- For travel between Canada/U.S. and Europe/Middle East and Africa
- For travel between Canada/U.S. and Asia/South Pacific
Other destinations, for travel between International and International