In alignment with our Flight Path behaviour of Safety First, Always, Air Canada – in partnership with its employees – will conduct its business in a manner that ensures the health and safety of its employees, customers, the general public, its contractors, agents, subsidiary, and associated companies while meeting its obligations under all applicable regulations.
We will accomplish this by providing adequate resources for a Safety Management System, which ensures:
- Active involvement of management, employees and Safety and Health Committees.
- Continual development, monitoring and improvement of effective safety practices.
- Appropriate training and education programs.
- An inspection and audit process that provides feedback and results in timely corrective action.
- A safety performance system that provides timely feedback to all employees.
- A commitment to the communication and promotion of safe work practices and processes.
Employees will, as a condition of employment, commit to the principle that:
SAFETY IS EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY
President and Chief Executive Officer – Air Canada