Earn 50,000† Aeroplan points—that could take you from Australia to North America!
Take off sooner! Here’s how:
Apply for a new HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card:
- Spend $4,000 AUD or more on eligible purchases in your first 90 days from account opening (this will Fast Track you to Star Alliance Gold Status1).
- Log on to Star Alliance Rewards and select Aeroplan as your preferred status airline. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the 50,000 Aeroplan point welcome bonus to be posted to your Aeroplan account.
Offer Dates: September 25, 2023 to February 29, 2024†Learn more
Travel with an award-winning card
The HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card received Canstar’s 2023 Innovation Excellence Award.
Elevate your travel with these perks
Plus, fast track to Aeroplan 50K Status and more!
Fast track to Star Alliance Gold Status1
Earn Star Alliance Gold status in your first year when you spend $4,000 or more on eligible purchases2 in the first 90 days from account opening.
Enjoy premium perks with Aeroplan 50K Status
Select Aeroplan as your preferred status airline to access premium benefits such as priority check-in3, extra baggage allowance4, access to over 1,000 airport lounges worldwide5 and cabin class upgrade credits6.
Earn uncapped Star Alliance Points7
Take off sooner by earning Star Alliance Points7 on eligible purchases2. Star Alliance Points can be converted to Aeroplan points or to award miles with another participating Star Alliance member airline8.
Plus, $0 annual fee in the first year ($450 AUD thereafter)9Explore now
Aeroplan connects Australians to the world
With more airline partners than any other program, Aeroplan lets you redeem your points to fly to every corner of the world.
Exclusively for members who are Australian residents.
Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 Australian Credit Licence 232595. Offers available to new, approved HSBC credit cardholders. Fees, charges, terms, conditions and HSBC’s lending criteria apply to all credit cards issued by HSBC. Visit the HSBC website or call 1300 308 880. Interest rates are valid at the time of publication and are subject to change.
* For details on the number of points required for flight rewards and other destinations, visit Air Canada’s points predictor page.
† Earn 50,000 welcome bonus Aeroplan points when you spend $4,000 AUD or more on eligible purchases in your first 90 days from account opening. Only Primary cardholders that apply and are approved for a new HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card between September 25th 2023 to February 29th 2024, and nominate Air Canada as their Status Airline through the Star Alliance Rewards Program will be eligible for the welcome bonus (more information available on the Star Alliance Rewards Terms and Conditions). After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for the welcome bonus to be posted to your Aeroplan account. To be eligible for this welcome bonus offer, your Aeroplan account must be open and in good standing at the time of fulfillment. Aeroplan may, in its sole discretion, choose to limit the number of welcome bonuses or similar bonuses or incentives a member may receive in any period, and reserves the right to suspend, revoke or terminate the Aeroplan account of any person who engages in a behaviour of excessive use of the welcome bonus offers. Aeroplan program general Terms and Conditions apply. Eligible purchases exclude interest free and other promotions, balance transfers, cash transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, BPAY®, any disputed transactions and government fees and charges.
- To be eligible for Fast Track to Star Alliance Gold Status, you must apply and be approved for a new HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card and spend $4,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days from account opening. Star Alliance Gold status is granted through the corresponding status tier in the Frequent Flyer Program (FFP) of the participating Star Alliance Member Airline you nominate as your Status Airline through the Star Alliance Rewards Program. Refer to the Star Alliance Rewards Terms and Conditions for available status tiers and additional terms and conditions. Status will be granted within 30 days after reaching the qualifying spend of $4,000, provided that your account is active and not in arrears. Your status will be granted until the first anniversary of your account opening or earlier, if you qualify for a higher status with your selected Frequent Flyer Program by any means. You may not be able to receive Star Alliance Gold status with a participating Frequent Flyer Program if you already hold, by any means, an equivalent or higher status with that Program (more information available on the Star Alliance Rewards Terms and Conditions). You may only request status with one participating Frequent Flyer Program each time you qualify and may not switch Programs during the duration of that status. Any status granted under the HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card is withdrawn immediately if you close your HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card account. Offer is limited to new applicants only. Existing HSBC customers transferring from another HSBC credit card or customers who have held a HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card within the last 18 months are ineligible for this offer.
- Eligible purchases exclude interest free and other promotions, balance transfers, cash transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, BPAY®, any disputed transactions and government fees and charges.
- Where available.
- Available on itineraries involving a connection between two or more Star Alliance member airlines. Not all member airlines offer this benefit on own flights not involving such connections. Check with your relevant member airline at time of booking.
- Lounge access extends to Star Alliance Member Airlines, Star Alliance-branded lounges and certain contract and program lounges when travelling on flights operated by Star Alliance Member Airlines. The right to lounge access for Star Alliance Gold customers is subject to the terms and conditions of Star Alliance Lounge Access Policy.
- Where available.
- Star Alliance Points are earned in accordance with and are subject to HSBC Star Alliance Rewards Terms and Conditions. No points are earned on interest free and other promotions, Balance Transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, any disputed transactions, BPAY® and any government fee or charge. Membership, and the earning and redemption of points is subject to the terms and conditions of Star Alliance Rewards. Earn 1 Star Alliance Point per $1 spent up to $3,000 per statement period on eligible purchases made in Australia and overseas. Every $1 spent thereafter will earn 0.5 Star Alliance Points per statement period. The earning of Star Alliance Points is uncapped.
- Subject to your membership in the Frequent Flyer Program (FFP) of the relevant Star Alliance Member Airline. Transaction limits and other reasonable redemption conditions of Star Alliance Rewards apply. View a list of FFPs of participating Star Alliance member airlines.
- The Annual Fee will be $0 in the first year, then $450 in subsequent years and is subject to change. Therefore, the first annual fee will be debited on the 12-month anniversary of the first transaction on your account and annually thereafter. $0 Annual Fee in the first year does not apply to existing HSBC customers transferring from another HSBC credit card.
The HSBC Star Alliance Credit Card
Fast track to Aeroplan 50K Status