February 20, 2023
To make the most of your spring break getaway, check out our tips to make your airport and travel experience as stress-free and seamless as possible.
Before you pack
- Double-check baggage allowances, including carry-on limits.
- When packing, keep prescription medication, keys, and valuables (including money, electronics, and jewelry) in your carry-on bag.
- Carry-on liquids, aerosols and gels cannot exceed 100mL and must be packed in a resealable clear plastic bag no more than 1L in capacity.
- Add your name and contact information to the exterior of as well as inside a secure pocket of your checked bags. This will help us get them back to you as quickly as possible if they’re delayed for any reason.
Before you go
- Verify your travel details, such as travel dates and contact information (including the spelling of names on tickets) for yourself and those travelling with you.
- Check in up to 24 hours before you fly with the Air Canada mobile app. You can also use the app to review flight information, find airport maps, and access your boarding pass, all in one convenient place.
- Many airport websites also have information and services to ease your experience, including wait times for check-in and security.
- Virtual queueing is available at several airports in Canada. To book an appointment for expedited service through security checkpoints, visit the airport website for your departing flight:
- Toronto Pearson (YYZ) – YYZ Express
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR) – YVR Express
- Calgary International Airport (YYC) – YYC Express
- Edmonton International Airport (YEG) – YEG Express
- Montréal-Trudeau International Airport (YUL) – YUL Express
Visit Air Canada’s Travel Ready hub for foreign government entry requirements.
Find advice for travelling abroad from the International Air Transport Association and the Government of Canada’s travel website.
Travelling to Canada?
Expedite your customs and immigration experience when you land in Canada by completing your Advance CBSA Declaration with the ArriveCAN app up to 72 hours before your departing flight.
Travelling to the U.S.?
Download the U.S. CBP Mobile Passport Control app and submit your customs declaration forms in advance to receive a QR-code receipt for use at dedicated pre-clearance inspection lanes.