We offer a selection of special meals to meet your particular dietary needs.
Flights within North America
When and How to Order
Order your special meal at least 24 hours before the first flight in your itinerary if you would like:
- a kosher meal
- a special meal for a flight departing Germany or Switzerland
All other special meal requests can be made up until 18 hours before the first flight in your itinerary.
- At time of online booking:
- On the Passengers page, simply select the special meal you require from the MEAL drop-down menu when entering your passenger information
- If you have already completed your online booking:
- Contact Air Canada Reservations to request your special meal
- If your itinerary includes a codeshare flight or a flight operated by another airline:
- Please note that you may not request your special meal online. Please contact Air Canada Reservations so that we may advise the other airline of your special dietary needs.
Our Selection of Special Meals
Here is a list of the special meals* available on our flights
- Asian vegetarian meal
- Baby meal
- Bland meal
- Children's meal
- Diabetic meal
- Fruit plate meal
- Gluten intolerant meal
- Hindu meal (non-vegetarian)
- Kosher meal**
- Low-calorie meal
- Low fat meal
- Low lactose meal
- Low salt meal
- Muslim meal
- Vegetarian Jain meal
- Vegetarian meal (non-dairy)
- Vegetarian meal (lacto-ovo)
- Vegetarian oriental meal
* Certain restrictions may apply. No special meals other than those listed above are available.
** Kosher meals must be ordered at least 24 hours in advance.
Other Things you Should Know
- Air Canada cannot provide meals which are guaranteed to be free of nuts, seafood or other food products. Please see our policy regarding customers with allergies.
- MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) and other self-heating meal and beverage kits with portable heating systems/ration heaters are not permitted on board our aircraft at any time. Nor are they permitted in checked or carry-on baggage.
- You may bring your own snacks and food on board, or purchase meals and beverages at the airport before your flight - just make sure to purchase beverages after you've passed through security.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased at the duty-free shop or in bottles of no more than 100 ml are allowed on board; however, you may not consume these products while you are on the plane.