We offer a selection of special meals to meet your dietary needs.
Flights within North America
- Special meals are available:
- In Premium Economy within North America (coming in August 2021)
- In Business Class within North America
- It is not possible to order special meals for flights where the Air Canada Bistro service is offered.
When and How to Order
Order your special meal at least 24 hours before the first flight in your itinerary.
Note: We won’t be able to guarantee that your special meal request can be accommodated if it’s submitted less than 24 hours before the first flight in your itinerary
- At time of online booking:
- On the Passengers page, simply select the special meal you require from the MEAL drop-down menu when entering your passenger information
- If you have already completed your online booking:
- If your itinerary includes a codeshare flight or a flight operated by another airline:
- Please note that you may not request your special meal online. Please contact Air Canada Reservations so that we may advise the other airline of your special dietary needs.
Our Selection of Special Meals
Vegetarian Asian/ Hindu vegetarian meal
A meal prepared for vegetarian passengers according to an Asian or Indian cooking style. This meal does not contain any animal products or by-products resulting from animals or eggs. The use of dairy products is accepted.
A meal prepared for young children (1 year and older). This meal service contains food that is easily identifiable and child-friendly.
A meal prepared for passengers requiring a balanced diet. This meal contains foods from the following groups: fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, dairy and lean proteins.
Please note: Should you require a meal low in fat or and/or low in salt; this meal will suit your needs. Food items do not contain more than 3 g of total fat per 100 g of food; They do not contain more than 120 mg of sodium or the equivalent of salt per 100 g or 100 ml of food; OR meal service does not contain more than 120 mg of sodium or the equivalent of salt per 100 g of a meal product, They also do not contain more than 3 g of fat per 100 g of a meal product and not more than 30% of calories from fat. (breakfast, lunch, dinner or meal).
Gluten intolerant meal
A meal service prepared for passengers requesting a gluten-free meal. This meal service does not contain ingredients or food items with gluten.
Hindu meal - non-vegetarian
A meal prepared according to Hindu customs and respecting Hindu dietary practices and beliefs. This is a non-vegetarian meal service that is typically cooked according to an Indian cooking style, i.e. spicy or curried.
Kosher meal *
A meal prepared according to Jewish religious specifications. This meal only contains foods prepared in accordance with Jewish dietary laws and customs.
A meal prepared for passengers requesting a meal low in calories. Please note: Food items do not contain more than 40 kcal (167 kJ) per 100 g of food; OR Meal service does not contain more than 120 kcal (500 kJ) per 100 g of a meal product (breakfast, lunch, dinner or meal).
A meal prepared according to Moslem dietary law and customs. This meal only contains foods prepared in accordance with Moslem dietary laws and customs (halal).
Vegetarian Jain meal
A meal prepared for Jain vegetarian passengers according to the Indian cooking style. This meal is typically cooked Indian style food, i.e. spicy or curried, and does not contain animal products or animal by-products and no root or bulbous vegetables.
A meal prepared for vegan-vegetarian passengers. This meal does not contain animal products or animal by-products, no eggs and no dairy products.
Please note: This meal does not contain ingredients or food items with lactose nor dairy products and their derivatives as sources of lactose. This meal can also be considered as non-lactose and can be consumed by passengers with lactose intolerance.
Vegetarian meal - lacto-ovo
A meal service prepared for vegetarian passengers which may contain egg and dairy products. This meal is prepared for vegetarian passengers which do not contain animal products or animal by-products but may contain egg and dairy products.
Note: Certain restrictions may apply. No special meals other than those listed above are available.
* Kosher meals must be ordered at least 24 hours in advance.
Other Things you Should Know
- Air Canada cannot provide meals which are guaranteed to be free of nuts, seafood or other food products. Please see our policy regarding customers with allergies.
- You may bring your own snacks and food on board, or purchase meals and beverages at the airport before your flight - just make sure to purchase beverages after you've passed through security and take into consideration any limitations on bringing food through US pre-clearance when travelling to the U.S.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased at the duty-free shop or in bottles of no more than 100 ml are allowed on board; however, you may not consume these products while you are on the plane.