Mobile and online check-in
Skip the queues and check in anytime from 24 hours before departure, online or from your Air Canada mobile app.
Don’t have the app? Download it today. It’s available on Apple iOS and Android devices.
From the comfort of your home:
- Check in from 24 hours before departure
- Print your boarding pass or have it sent to your mobile device
- Choose or change your seat, indicate the number of bags you’ll be
checking in, or select from other available check-in options.
When you get to the airport:
Frequently asked questions
To check in for your flight, you will need:
- one of these numbers:
- Your booking reference: 6 alphanumeric characters (example: A1B23C)
- Your 9-digit Aeroplan number (example: 123456789)
- Your 13-digit ticket number, starting with 014 (example: 014 1234567890)
- the travel documents required for your destination (e.g., passport, other government-issued ID)
If you’re travelling to the U.S., you’ll also be asked to provide an address where you’ll be staying in that country.
During check-in, you can:
- Select a standard or Preferred Seat
- Indicate the number of bags you are checking in and pay any baggage fees
- Make a same-day change or stand by for an earlier flight*
- Request an upgrade using your eUpgrade credits*
- Purchase a last-minute upgrade (when available)
- Add or change your Aeroplan or other loyalty program number
- Upload any health documents
*if you are eligible
There are a few reasons why you would not be able to check in online or using the app.
For instance, the following customers need to check in with an airport agent:
- Children travelling with our Unaccompanied Minor service
- Customers requiring medical assistance, the use of a wheelchair or whose reservation contains a special request
- Passengers travelling with a pet in the cabin or the baggage compartment
If you’re travelling from Algeria, Cuba, or Morocco, you will need to see an airport agent to receive your boarding pass.
And, finally, if the first flight in your itinerary is operated by an airline other than Air Canada, you will need to check in with that other airline.
Your group can check in via the app or online, but you’ll need to do it in increments of 9 passengers.
For instance, if your group consists of 27 passengers, the group representative will need to complete 3 check-in sessions containing 9 passengers each.
As with every check-in, please be sure you have the following information and identification on hand:
- The booking reference number (either a 6-digit Air Canada reference number or the booking reference number provided by your travel agent)
- The first and last names of all the members of your group (entered individually for security purposes)
- The ticket number: 13 numeric characters (example: 014 1234567890)