Shenzhen Shekou Upstream Check-in Service
A hassle-free journey at Shenzhen Shekou
You can now check in at Shenzhen Shekou in the Pearl River Delta and conveniently connect to destinations in Canada, the United States, South America and the Caribbean via our non-stop service from Hong Kong to Vancouver and Toronto.
To check in at Shenzhen Shekou, you must have:
- valid ferry ticket
- A valid boarding pass with a confirmed flight booking for same-day departure1
- A valid travel document and entry/transit visa for your destination if required
- Book your flight at aircanada.com or through your travel agent. Please visit Shekou Port official website for information on purchase of ferry tickets2.
- Your baggage will be tagged through to your final destinations3. Please arrive at the ferry pier at least 120 minutes before ferry departure2.
- Contact the Air Canada check-in counter at Shekou Ferry Pier, get your boarding pass and, if applicable, the Departure Tax refund coupon to collect the cash refund when you arrive at the Hong Kong Airport SkyPier.
- Enjoy the ferry ride to the SkyPier. Once you arrive at Hong Kong International Airport, proceed to the departure gate. Please arrive at the Hong Kong Airport SkyPier at least 120 minutes before flight departure4.
- Enjoy our non-stop service from Hong Kong to Vancouver and Toronto and conveniently connect to destinations in Canada, the United States, South America and the Caribbean. Click here for our latest schedule.
Shenzhen Shekou Check-in service is available at the Shekou ferry port to the following travelers:
- Canadian Citizens (Canadian passport holders)
- Permanent Residents (PR card holders)
- Immediate family members (legal spouses, parents or children below 22 years old) of Canadian citizens or permanent residents, provided that their Canadian citizen/PR immediate family member is already in Canada at the time of their flight to Canada. Documentary evidence of ‘immediate family’ relationship to the Canadian citizen/permanent resident is required (e.g. birth or marriage certificates etc.).
- Effective June 1, 2021, student who is holding a valid study permit or a letter of authorization confirming approval of a study permit; and possesses a recent confirmation of his/her study program from an approved designated learning institution (DLI – Designated Learning Institution) with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by its province or territory government.
Please note Upstream Check-in service is not available to extended family members (siblings, grandparents, grandchildren etc.) or work permit holders at this stage.
You may contact our Air Canada Call Centre for the information about the Shenzehn Shekou Upstream Check-in service, Toll-free numbers: China 400 1122 776 | Hong Kong 800 906 519.
- Self-printed boarding pass holders are required to obtain an official boarding pass from the Air Canada Check-in counter.
- Visit Shekou Port official website at www.cmskchp.com for ferry fares, schedule and requirements.
- If you are connecting in Vancouver to a domestic Canada airport, then you will need to pick up the bag at Vancouver and clear Canada customs. Other conditions may apply.
- Refer to the Hong Kong Airport Authority website at www.hongkongairport.com for more details and the latest operation status of the SkyPier Ferry transfer services.
Above details are subject to change without prior notice. Please contact the respective service providers for the latest updates.