As part of our effort to help Canadians travel internationally safely and securely, effective September 17, 2020, new bookings with Air Canada originating in Canada include complimentary Manulife COVID-19 emergency medical and quarantine insurance underwritten by The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company (“Manulife”).
This Manulife COVID-19 insurance covers eligible Canadian residents when travelling internationally on a booking made with Air Canada, for travel until April 12, 2021. Manulife coverage will be automatically included if eligible when you purchase your booking. There are no registration forms to complete and premiums are paid for by Air Canada. This even extends to tickets booked with Aeroplan Miles.
- All passengers on new international round-trip bookings made from September 17, 2020 until October 31, 2020 inclusively, for travel completed by April 12, 2021.
- Passenger must be a Canadian resident with a valid provincial or territory government health insurance plan for the duration of the trip.
- Bookings including at least one Air Canada flight and on a new Air Canada ticket (code 014) issued between September 17, 2020 and October 31, 2020. You will qualify for coverage regardless of whether your first flight was operated by Air Canada or by one of Air Canada’s code share or interline partners so long as your booking was ticketed on Air Canada and includes at least one Air Canada flight (marketed or operated).
- Travel duration of up to 21 days.
- Travel must originate in Canada to any international destination (USA included) for which there is no Level-4 “avoid all travel” advisory in effect issued by the Canadian government at time of departure.
- There is no age restriction to be eligible for this coverage.
- Traveller must not be advised by a physician not to travel.
|Medical Coverage after a COVID-19 positive test result in destination||Up to $200,000 CDN per insured|
|Quarantine expenses after a COVID-19 positive test result, denied entry or contact tracing in destination||$150/day up to $2100 per person, or $300/day up to $4200 per family (Maximum duration of 14 days)|
|Emergency Air Transport to return you home||Included in $200,000 per insured|
|Repatriation due to death||Up to policy limits as outlined in the certificate of insurance|
|Level 3 Travel Advisory upgraded to Level 4 Travel Advisory by Canadian Government||Up to a combined $500 per person for: *return airfare* meals and accommodations|
What's not covered
- Travel booked for periods longer than 21 days (the entire trip is not eligible).
- Travel beyond April 12, 2021.
- Tickets purchased from another airline, even if that airline is a code-share partner airline of Air Canada, regardless of whether the flight is operated by Air Canada.
- Travel during your cruise dates, or any expenses related to your cruise.
- One-way tickets.
- Air Canada Vacations bookings are not eligible as they are subject to a separate complimentary COVID-19 insurance coverage and policy. More details here.
- Residents of any other country aside from Canada.
- Changes to existing bookings, with an original purchase date prior to September 17, 2020 are not eligible.
Frequently asked questions
Have questions? Consult the Manulife FAQ for more details. You can also contact Manulife by calling to speak to a Manulife customer service representative at 1-866-521-8506 or emailing them at email@example.com
Quebec residents: Please carefully review the “Quebec Documents” available within each product section. The PDF, which you can save or print, includes a Product Summary.