We have now migrated to a new Reservation system to improve your travel experience. It is business as usual and reservation services including flight purchase and booking modification are available.
Air Canada for Business
- What can travel agencies expect after cutover?
On November 19, once we are operating Reservations, Inventory and Ticketing in Amadeus Altéa:
- A new record locator message for each of your PNRs will be generated to your GDS from Altéa.
- If your GDS is Amadeus or if the PNR already contained a flight segment on another Altéa-hosted carrier, the existing Amadeus Altéa locator will be used.
- If your GDS is not Amadeus and the PNR contained only Air Canada flight segments, then a new Amadeus Altéa locator will be generated.
- Depending on your GDS, PNRs with the updated locator may appear in your confirmation queue, however, no action will be required and it will not be necessary for you to inform travellers of the new Amadeus Altéa locator.
- For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U-powered providers, the new Amadeus Altéa record locator will not be sent. Once you have displayed a booking using the original Air Canada locator, please take note of the new record locator.
Customers may check-in using either the GDS locator or the new Amadeus Altéa locator. For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U powered providers, customers may check-in using either the original Air Canada locator or the new Amadeus Altéa locator.
- I made a reservation for my customer to travel after November 18th. How can I be sure my reservation won’t be lost in the transfer?
Confirmed reservations remain valid they have been registered and will be honoured as they were booked.
- I need to change my customers booking now, what do I do?
- Confirmed reservations remain valid they have been registered and will be honoured as they were booked.
- I need to change my customers booking now, what do I do?
- If your customer is travelling during the cutover period, our agents at the airport will be able to assist them with any day-of travel modifications to their booking. If your customers are travelling at any other time, before or after this period, you will be able to book or modify an existing booking as normal.
- Why am I not able to do advanced seat selection?
- This function will be temporary unavailable 24 hours before the start of the migration process, as we transfer data from our old system to our new system. If your customer’s flight is departing during the migration period, their seats will be assigned to them at check-in.
During the cutover to Amadeus Altéa, Altitude members will continue to enjoy the Preferred Seat benefit. However, you will not be able to extend the discount and/or fee waiver for Travel Companions for the same booking.
- Why am I not able to utilize eUpgrade functions?
You will not be able to request upgrades at the airport, and unfortunately we cannot guarantee that upgrades which were not cleared prior to check in will be processed at the gate, even if a seat is available.
In light of this, rest assured that we will work diligently to confirm more upgrades ahead of check-in.
- Why can’t my customer request a Same Day Change (SDC) for my flight when checking-in online or at the airport kiosk?
- Until our full transformation to Amadeus Altéa is complete in the coming months, your customers will not have the option to make same day changes on self-service channels and will need to see an airport agent to request the change. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.
- Which PNR locator should be used at check-in for bookings made prior to November 19?
- For GDS created bookings, travellers can check-in with the GDS locator, new Altéa locator, or other forms of ID such as FQTV number or Passport.
- For direct bookings made with Air Canada including aircanada.com/agents and AC2U-powered providers, customers can check-in with the original RESIII locator or new Altéa locator, or other forms of ID such as FQTV number or Passport.
- If I’m in North America, how do I log in to G-Cubed?
- I’m in North America, but I was not provided with user and password credential for G-Cubed how do I request a group?
- Click on Group Travel page at Aircanada.com or aircanada.com/agents
- Access the Group Travel Estimator (GTE) and enter your Flight Search details.
- The GTE will take you to the Quote Request form where you can complete your request.
- The Group team will action your request.
- If I’m outside North America, how do I request a group?
- No changes have been made to your Group Request process. Please follow the same process as previously established.
- I’m in North America with G-Cubed access, how do I request a group?
- Log in using the credentials you have set up.
- Navigate through the G-Cubed tool to complete your request. A video tutorial has been created to assist you. You can access it here: https://www.screencast.com/t/DXkrfY4Hw2Nm
- A G-Cubed Group File will be created, and all details will be forwarded to the Group team.
A link will be provided to those that have user and password credentials
- What do I do if I have a fare match?
- After the initial booking has been made, the Group team will provide you with a Group Case which will be used for all further communication. The fare match information should be sent by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- How do I know my Group is confirmed?
- If your group was booked using the G-Cubed tool, the status on your Group file will show “Confirmed”. If you requested your group directly with the Group department, a Group agent will provide the confirmation.
- How will I receive my contract?
- The Group team will generate your Group contract and send it via email on your new group case or email thread which will be used for all further communication.
- How do I book my feed-ins/deviations?
- After the initial booking has been made, any request for changes such as feed-ins and deviations will be sent to the Group team by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- What if I need to increase/decrease my group size?
- After the initial booking has been made in G-Cubed, any request for changes such as an increase or decrease in size will be sent to the Group team by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- How do I add names?
- The new name list form needs to be filled out for each PNR associated to your group and sent by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- What If I have a name change?
- Prior to ticketing, names can be changed for free. Once tickets have been issued, names may be changed for a fee if the fare rules permit. Name change requests will be sent by email on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- How do I issue my tickets?
- Extended Security will be added to the PNRs so tickets can be issued in your GDS.
- I booked my group prior to the move to Amadeus. How do I know what my new PNR is?
- Your new record locator will not be sent to your GDS. Contact the Group team on your corresponding case or email thread. If you are in North America, you can also use our Live Chat service (Mon-Fri 10:00-18:00 EST). Our agents will gladly provide the new 1A PNR and update your case accordingly.
- How is the Group price calculated?
- G-Cubed uses live Group availability and pricing to calculate an average fare for your group based on your flight and space requirements.
- How do I issue my Tour conductor?
- At this time, Tour Conductor tickets will be issued by the Group department with a credit card. When you are ready to have the TC issued, you can email the Group team on your corresponding Group Case or email thread.
- How will the Group department communicate with me?
- After the initial booking has been made the Group team will provide you with a Group Case or email thread which will be used for all further communication.
- Can I make online changes to bookings made prior to Air Canada’s migration Amadeus Altéa?
- All bookings completed prior to November 19th can be retrieved and exchanged via aircanada.com if travel has not yet started. If travel has started, please contact the Air Canada for Business call center.
- Do I still need to import my bookings that are done outside of the Air Canada for Business platform to make online changes?
- No, you will be able to retrieve and make changes to all of your Air Canada for Business bookings at aircanada.com, regardless where they were originally completed.
- Will my discounts apply when directed to make my booking changes on aircanada.com?
- Yes, all applicable discounts will apply per applicable rules. The adjusted discounted base fare price will be done and reflected on the Review Summary page.
- Can I use the preferences from my profile on Air Canada for Business when changing my booking on aircanada.com?
- No, you will need to input your payment information once again to complete the booking.
- Can I use a gift card as a form of payment on Air Canada for Business platform?
- No, Gift Card will be re-introduced as a form of payment in the following weeks.
- Will the seat price displayed on the seat map reflect the correct amount that will be charged to my booking?
- No, the seat price displayed at the seat map is only an indicator of the price range that may apply. The correct price will be adjusted based on customer status and selected fare at the payment review summary.
- Will you still track my flight pass travel spend when booked through aircanada.com?
- Yes, flight pass spend is racked at time of purchase when the Air Canada for Business company ID is entered. During the transition, you can book the flight pass credits on aircanada.com
- Can I use more than one form of payment during the transition to Amadeus Altéa?
- No, you will only be able to apply one credit card at payment.
- Can I complete my multi-city bookings on the Air Canada for Business platform?
- Yes, you can complete all Domestic and Transborder multi-city bookings on the Air Canada for Business platform. Multi-city bookings containing an International or sun itinerary must be completed through the Air Canada for Business call center to receive your applicable discount and to track the total travel spend to your business account.
- Can I still receive flexible flight options when shopping for International and sun destinations?
- The + and – 3-day shopping options will be temporarily disabled until our full transformation to Amadeus Altéa is complete. During this period, the system will only be returning flight options for the selected date. If the flight does not operate daily, you may need to change the selected date to view more flight options.
- How do I retrieve Flight Pass locator after November 18?
If you have a Flight Pass credit booking made on or before November 18, 2019 for travel on or after November 19, 2019, you have been assigned a new Booking Reference. For these affected bookings, please use your new Booking Reference to access your reservation including when checking-in for your flight.
Please note that aside from the Booking Reference, no other flight details have changed.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
- How to obtain your new Booking Reference:
*If you are accessing the Flight Pass on behalf of your customer as a delegate, your customer must assign you as a Flight Pass Administrator*
- Sign into aircanada.com/agents
- Click on Flight Pass > Manage My Flight Pass
- Search for your customers Flight Pass booking by one of the criteria available i.e. Surname or View all Flight Pass Bookings
- You will be presented with new Altéa Booking Reference.
- Log in to the Flight Pass portal using your Aeroplan Number and password.
- Select the desired Flight Pass.
- Click the Booking History tab.
- Select View all Bookings and hit Search.
- Your new Booking Reference will appear on the left-hand side of the search results, in the Booking Reference column.
Through the Flight Pass App:
- Log in to the Flight Pass app using your Aeroplan Number and password.
- Locate your desired Flight Pass.
- Click on the info button. The new Booking Reference will appear at the top.