Sign up for flight notifications and get email or SMS updates on delays, cancellations or gate changes.
What You Need to Know
- Notifications apply only to Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express flights.
- You can sign up for a flight notification up to 30 days ahead of your flight and even add multiple contact points to each notification.
- Notifications are sent only if your flight is cancelled or delayed by at least 15 minutes, as follows:
- 24 hours prior to departure,
- 4 hours prior to departure, then,
- Periodically for changes occurring within 4 hours of departure.
- Gate change notifications are sent only within 2 hours of departure.
- Departure notifications cease 15 minutes prior to actual departure, and arrival notifications cease when the plane lands.
- No notification is sent if the flight is on time.
- If your flight number changes because of a delay or cancellation, you will need to manually update your original notification request with your new flight details. Notifications are not automatically readjusted for flight changes.
Flight status information can change at any time. For this reason, we recommend that - unless your flight has been listed as "cancelled" - you always check in for the originally scheduled departure time of your flight and check airport monitors for any last minute updates.
We’ll do everything possible to provide the most accurate flight status information at all times. However, Air Canada is not liable for non-delivery of messages and cannot guarantee the timeliness or reliability of SMS message receipt.