The following flights will be operated by Lufthansa on behalf of Air Canada between May 1 and May 31, 2019:
|New Flight Number
|Previous Flight Number
|08:10 (next day)
|May 1 to May 31st 2019
|May 2 to May 31st, 2019
Kindly note that:
- Air Canada terms and conditions of carriage will continue to apply, except in the case of flight reward bookings which will be covered under Lufthansa terms and conditions of carriage.
- Lufthansa baggage policies will apply.
About your Ticket
- You have the option to rebook on another flight. All change fees and charges will be waived provided:
- the origin, destination and cabin you originally selected remain the same and
- you rebook your flight within 60 days of your original departure date.
- You may cancel your flight without penalty for a full refund.
- To rebook or cancel your flight, please contact Air Canada Reservations (1-833-354-5963). If you purchased your ticket with Aeroplan, Air Canada Vacations, or through a travel agent, please contact them directly.
- All seat fees or pre-purchased Maple Leaf Lounge access fees will be automatically refunded within 30 days of travel.
Selecting your Seat for your New Flight
Here are the steps to obtain your new seat assignment for your Lufthansa flight:
- Retrieve your booking from the My Bookings tab. There you will see your corresponding Lufthansa booking reference*.
- Go to the “My Bookings” tab on the Lufthansa website and use your Lufthansa booking reference to retrieve your booking there.
- Select your seat for your new flight.
Note that all Lufthansa seat fees will apply. And you will receive a refund for any Air Canada advance seat selection fees.
* If you have trouble with this, contact us at 1-833-354-5963. Our agents will be happy to help.
At the Airport
You will be completing your check-in directly with Lufthansa. You have the option to:
- Check in online by going to the Lufthansa homepage check-in tab.
- Proceed to the Lufthansa check-in counters when you get to the airport.
You may access the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges at Montreal-Trudeau and Frankfurt Airport (FRA), as well as the Lufthansa Business Lounge at Frankfurt (FRA), if you hold a ticket for the affected flights and:
- Are travelling in Business Class
You may access the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges at Montreal-Trudeau and Frankfurt Airport (FRA), as well as the Lufthansa Senator Lounge at Frankfurt (FRA), if you hold a ticket for the affected flights and:
- Are an Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, 50K, or Star Alliance Gold member
The guest access policy for Altitude Super Elite 100K, Elite 75K, 50K members travelling on LH 488/489 will be maintained at our Maple Leaf Lounges. Exceptionally, guest passes will also continue to be accepted for this flight.
- If you purchased an Air Canada Business Class ticket, you will be seated in Lufthansa Business Class. A Lufthansa Business Class service, including complimentary food and bar, will be offered. Click to view the menu on your Lufthansa flight.
- If you are seated in Premium Economy Class, you will receive Lufthansa Premium Economy Class food and beverage service.
- If you are seated in Economy Class, you will receive Lufthansa Economy Class food and beverage service.
- The Lufthansa aircraft is equipped with individual in-flight entertainment screens at each seat, as well as wi-fi, available for a fee.
- These new scheduled flights are automatically eligible for the accumulation of Aeroplan Miles, Altitude Qualifying Miles and Altitude Qualifying Segments, as well as to mileage or status earning capabilities with any participating program partner, subject to the mileage accumulation policies of Lufthansa.
- If you have purchased a ticket in booking class “K”, you will be automatically rebooked to booking class “L” in order to maintain mileage accumulation levels.