Electronic and paper travel vouchers
(e-MCOs and MCOs)

Which type of voucher do you have?

Electronic travel vouchers (e-MCOs) are issued in the form of a letter. Within the letter is your 13-digit e-MCO number.

A paper travel voucher is also called a Miscellaneous Charges Order (MCO). Paper travel voucher numbers always start with ‘014 40’, followed by 8 other numbers.

Here is an example of a paper voucher.

If you have an Electronic Travel Voucher (e-MCO)

There are three ways to redeem* it:

  • Option 1: For faster credit, redeem your e-MCO when you complete your booking with Air Canada Reservations or at an Air Canada staffed airport:
    • Simply provide the e-MCO voucher number to the agent at the time of booking.

  • Option 2: Redeem your e-MCO online:
    • Once travel has been completed, fill out the e-MCO/TRAVEL VOUCHER REQUEST FORM.
    • The refund will be processed to the original form of payment of the ticket.
    • Please allow ten (10) business days for your request to be processed.

  • Option 3: Redeem your e-MCO via email or mail:
    • Forward your original e-MCO/travel voucher and itinerary/receipt of the new ticket purchased to Air Canada Refund Services:

      By email:

      By mail:
      Air Canada Refund Services - 859
      P.O. Box 6475
      Winnipeg, MB
      R3C 3V2

    • Please note, however, that it may take longer to process your refund and you are nonetheless required to provide all of the information requested on the online form.
  • * Note: An e-MCO cannot be used in conjunction with a Promotion Code.

If you have a Paper Travel Voucher (MCO)

There are two ways to redeem it:

  • Option 1: Redeem your paper voucher when making your new booking directly with your travel agent or at any Air Canada staffed airport.

  • Option 2: Apply the credit for a new online booking from the comfort of your own home:
    • Book and pay for your reservation online. Then, mail the electronic ticket/receipt along with your original travel voucher (MCO) to Air Canada's Refund Department upon completion of all travel.
    • By Mail:
      Air Canada Refund Services
      P.O. Box 6475
      Winnipeg, MB
      R3C 3V2
    • By Courier Service (e.g. FedEx, UPS):
      Air Canada Refund Services
      355 Portage Avenue
      Winnipeg, MB,
      R3B 2C3
  • You can request your refund only upon completion of travel.
  • The amount of the voucher will be credited back to the new ticket’s original form of payment.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I use my voucher at a travel agency?

Yes. Travel agents are aware of the procedures to process your voucher.

I received a MCO in another country and it is in a foreign currency. How can I apply the value of this amount towards my next booking?

Simply book your trip online. After you come back from your trip, complete the EMCO/TRAVEL VOUCHER REQUEST FORM. Refund Services will apply the value of your voucher towards the price of your ticket. Please note that you cannot exchange this value for cash.

Am I able to sign over my MCO to another person for them to use?

Yes. There are several ways to do this:

After travel has been completed, fill out the e-MCO/TRAVEL VOUCHER REQUEST FORM and check the box indicating that you authorize another person to use your e-MCO voucher.

Over the phone:
You can transfer the total or partial value of your e-MCO to another person by calling Air Canada Reservations when you are ready to make a new reservation.

Via email or regular mail:
Along with all other required information, send us a signed letter of consent on which you indicate the full name of the person to whom you wish to sign over your MCO. Remember to include the itinerary-receipt of the person who will be benefiting from your MCO refund. Naturally, you’ll be doing this after travel has been completed.

At the airport:
You and the person to whom you wish to sign over your MCO or e-MCO can go together to the airport and purchase a ticket at any Air Canada counter. Make sure you are both carrying valid ID, and don’t forget to bring your paper voucher or e-MCO number.