Flights within North America
- Special meals are available:
- on flights to Bogota and Caracas
- in Business Class within North America
- Special meals may not be ordered for flights offering Air Canada Café service.
Special meals are available in all classes of service on all flights where a meal service is offered (except on flights offering Air Canada Café service).
How and when to order
Special meals must be ordered at least 18 hours before the first flight in your itinerary. Here's how:
- At time of online booking:
- On the Who is travelling page, simply select the special meal you require from the Meal Preference drop-down menu when entering passenger information
- If you have already completed your online booking:
- Contact Air Canada Reservations to request your special meal
- If your itinerary includes a codeshare flight or a flight operated by another airline:
- Please note that you may not request your special meal online. Please contact Air Canada Reservations so that we may advise the other airline of your special dietary needs.
Our choice of special meals
Here's a list of the special meals available on our flights*:
- Asian vegetarian meal
- Baby meal
- Bland meal
- Children's meal
- Diabetic meal
- Fruit plate meal
- Gluten intolerant meal
- Hindu meal
- Kosher meal
- Lactose-free meal
- Low-calorie meal
- Low fat meal
- Low salt meal
- Muslim meal
- Vegetarian meal (non-dairy)
- Vegetarian meal (lacto-ovo)
- Vegetarian oriental meal
* Certain restrictions may apply.
Other things we'd like you to know
- Only the special meals listed above are offered.
- Kosher meals must be ordered 24 hours in advance.
- Air Canada cannot provide meals which are guaranteed to be free of nuts, seafood or other food products.
- MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) and other self-heating meal and beverage kits with portable heating systems/ration heaters are not permitted on board our aircraft at any time. Nor are they permitted in checked or carry-on baggage.
- You may bring your own snacks and food on board, or purchase meals and beverages at the airport before your flight - just make sure to purchase beverages after you've passed through security.
- Alcoholic beverages purchased at the duty-free shop or in bottles of no more than 100 ml are allowed on board; however, you may not consume these products while you are on the plane.