Compensations with no expiration
If you received your ACCredit due to a situation covered by the Air Passenger Protection Regulations, your credit does not expire.
You can check the balance of your ACCredit by calling your local Air Canada Call Centre. You'll need to have your 15-digit ACCredit number and corresponsing 4-digit PIN handy.
- ACCredits are valid only if received from Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express (i.e., Sky Regional, Exploits Valley Air Services, and Jazz Aviation LP).
- ACCredits must be redeemed within one year of issuance at which time any working balance will be reduced to zero, deactivated, and no further usage will be permitted.
- ACCredits are not redeemable for Air Canada Vacations, group travel or Flight Pass purchases.
- ACCredits cannot be sold or bartered; unlawful sale, attempted resale or barter is grounds for seizure and cancellation of the ACCredit without compensation.
- Air Canada reserves the right to refuse, suspend, hold for review or cancel any ACCredit for which unlawful use is suspected, for ACCredits mistakenly issued in an incorrect denomination, or for any other violation of the present Air Canada Terms and Conditions.
- Air Canada reserves the right to deactivate or reject any ACCredit issued or procured, directly or indirectly, in connection with fraudulent actions.
- ACCredits are fully transferable.
- ACCredits may be redeemed at aircanada.com, via Air Canada Call Centres, or through a travel agent if the booking is made at aircanada.com/agents. Note, the redemption rules are different depending on where you’re choosing to complete your purchase.
- Redemption on aircanada.com: If the price of the ticket is less than the value of the ACCredit, the purchase can be made on aircanada.com, otherwise the purchase must be made through our Call Centres. Due to system limitations, an ACCredit can only be used in conjunction with one (1) Gift Card or one (1) eCoupon on aircanada.com. When purchasing ancillary services such as a seat or travel option for an existing reservation, only one (1) form of payment can be accepted at time of purchase. If the ACCredit has a working balance less than the cost of the fee or travel option, please pay with another form of payment.
- Redemption via Call Centres: An ACCredit can be redeemed via Air Canada Call Centres regardless of its value in relation to the cost of the purchase. A maximum of two (2) forms of payment is permitted on a single booking at time of purchase. When purchasing ancillary services such as a seat or travel option for an existing reservation, only one (1) form of payment can be accepted at time of purchase. If the ACCredit has a working balance lower than the cost of the fee or travel option, please pay with another form of payment.
- Redemption via agent: ACCredit may be redeemed through a travel agent if the booking is made on aircanada.com/agents. For ticket purchases through your travel agent, you can only use one (1) ACCredit provided that the total cost of the ticket purchase is covered fully. For multiple passenger ticket purchases you can use two (2) forms of payment. Both forms of payment can be ACCredits as long as the first ACCredit covers the full value of the purchase for one of the passengers and the second ACCredit covers the remaining purchase for all other passengers. ACCredits cannot be redeemed at airport locations or on-board Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flights for Air Canada Bistro or duty-free purchases.
- ACCredits can be used as a payment method for bookings made via a mobile device and for payment of self-serve check-in options online. For further details, please refer to Redemption rules for aircanada.com.
- ACCredits cannot be used as a payment method at an airport kiosk or counter.
- ACCredits are only redeemable on Air Canada toward the purchase of air travel offered by Air Canada and operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express carriers and/or the purchase of ancillary services offered by Air Canada in conjunction with an Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada Rouge flight. Air travel and ancillary services offered by Air Canada are limited to air transportation costs, change fees, pet-handling fees, unaccompanied minor fees, and applicable taxes or any other similar fee that applies to the purchase.
- ACCredits cannot be used for payment of air travel wholly over the services of any other airline, or for the payment of a flight pass or ticket which is part of a group booking.
- ACCredits are not redeemable toward the purchase of Air Canada Flight Passes, Air Canada Vacations products and services, Air Canada Cargo products and services, Air Canada Maple Leaf Club membership fees, or for the purchase of third-party products/services such as duty-free, Air Canada Bistro (e.g., food and beverages), hotel bookings, car rentals and/or travel insurance.
- If the cost of the ticket being purchased is greater than the value of the ACCredit, the stored value will be depleted to zero value and the difference must be paid with another ACCredit, Gift Card, eGift card or other accepted form of payment.
- In the case of bookings for multiple passengers using multiple forms of payment (of which at least one is an ACCredit), it is recommended that separate bookings be made for each passenger using an ACCredit as a form of payment.
- ACCredits will not be accepted if the number is invalid, has not been activated, has been deactivated, is declined or cannot be found within the system.
- In the event that a ticket or ancillary service purchased (in part or in full) using an ACCredit is being refunded, the value or the unused portion thereof (based on the terms and conditions of the fare being refunded) that was originally paid for by using an ACCredit will be refunded to the original ACCredit number. Customers must retain their original ACCredit until the stored value reaches zero and all travel for which the ACCredit has been used as a form of payment has been completed.
Lost or stolen, damaged or destroyed ACCredits
- Treat your ACCredit with care. Air Canada is not responsible for any stored value balance if the ACCredit is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. If it is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without authorization, the value will not be refunded.
- Air Canada reserves the right to reject any claim for replacement of an ACCredit where there is suspicion of fraud or dishonesty (e.g., altered ACCredit or false request for replacement).
- ACCredits are not credit or debit cards and have no implied warranties.
- Air Canada reserves the right, and the ACCredit holder of the ACCredit agrees, that Air Canada may at any time change the present Terms and Conditions or contract with another third party to administer the ACCredit program.
Electronic and Paper Travel Vouchers
Electronic and paper travel vouchers can be used towards the base fare when you purchase new Air Canada tickets for travel on Air Canada, Air Rouge and Air Canada Express.
Electronic travel vouchers are issued in the form of a letter. Within the letter is your 13-digit electronic travel voucher number.
A paper travel voucher is also called a Miscellaneous Charges Order. Paper travel voucher numbers always start with ‘014 40’, followed by 8 other numbers.
Both paper and electronic travel vouchers can be redeemed to cover the base fare of a new booking. Any taxes and surcharges must be paid separately.
Electronic and Paper Travel Vouchers are valid for one year from the date of issue, unless specified otherwise.
If you received a paper travel voucher while in another country and it is in a foreign currency, you can still apply its value toward your next booking.
Please note that if you received your electronic or paper travel voucher as a form of compensation under the Air Passenger Protection Regulations, it does not expire, but you might need to call Air Canada Reservations to re-activate it if not used within one year from the date of issue.
Electronic travel vouchers are transferable:
Over the phone
You can transfer the total or partial value of your electronic travel voucher to another person by calling Air Canada Reservations when you are ready to make a new reservation.
At the airport
You and the person to whom you wish to sign over your electronic travel voucher can go together to the airport and purchase a ticket at any Air Canada counter. Make sure you are both carrying valid ID, and don’t forget to bring your electronic travel voucher number.
Paper travel vouchers are transferable:
After travel has been completed, fill out our Ticket Refund Application Form and indicate in the ‘Additional Information’ section the full name of the person to whom you wish to sign over your paper travel voucher. Remember to also attach a copy of the itinerary-receipt of the person who will be benefiting from your paper travel voucher refund.
Via regular mail
Along with all other required information, send us a signed letter of consent on which you indicate the full name of the person to whom you wish to sign over your paper travel voucher. Remember to include the itinerary-receipt of the person who will be benefiting from your paper travel voucher refund.
Electronic travel vouchers
For faster credit, redeem your electronic travel voucher when you complete your booking with Air Canada Reservations, your travel agent or at an Air Canada staffed airport (simply provide the voucher number to the agent at the time of booking).
Once travel has been completed, fill out our Ticket Refund Application Form.
- The redemption will be processed to the original form of payment of the ticket.
- Please allow ten (10) business days for your request to be processed.
Paper travel vouchers
Redeem your paper voucher when making your new booking directly with your travel agent or at any Air Canada staffed airport.
Book and pay for your reservation online and request a redemption upon completion of travel. Send the electronic ticket/receipt along with your original travel voucher to Air Canada's Refund Department.
Air Canada Refund Services
P.O. Box 6475
By Courier Service (e.g. FedEx, UPS):
Air Canada Refund Services
355 Portage Avenue
- You can request your refund only upon completion of travel.
- The amount of the voucher will be credited back to the new ticket’s original form of payment.