Electronic travel authorization for flights to the U.K.

October 25, 2023

Effective February 22, 2024. If you are a national of Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates you can apply for an electronic travel authorization (eTA), instead of a visitor visa if you are travelling to the UK by air for one of the following reasons:

  • You are going to the U.K. for up to 6 months for tourism, to visit family and friends, for business or for short-term study
  • You are going to the UK for up to 3 months on the Creative Worker visa concession
  • You are transiting through the UK – including if you are not going through U.K. border control

If you are travelling to the U.K. for other reasons, a visa may still be required.

Find out more or apply for a U.K. electronic travel authorization.