- 0329-00 New policy concerning personal headphones
- 0426-00 China to Start Fingerprinting Foreign Visitors
- 0504-00 Accepted Forms of Payment at Select Canadian Airports
- 0605-00 Economy Basic Available on Select Flights
- 0514-00 Central Mountain Air Changes Terminals at YVR
- 0725-00 Wildfires In Greece
- 0817-00 Forest Fires in British Columbia
- 0710-00 Civil Unrest in Haiti
- 0707-00 Tropical Storm Beryl
- 0626-00 Civil Unrest in Nicaragua
- 0622-00 Industrial Action in Argentina
- 0619-00 Osaka Area Earthquake
- 0529-00 Industrial Action in Brazil
- 0524-00 Hawaii Volcanic Activity
- 0730-00 Diners Club International Credit Card
- 0711-00 Forest Fires in Northern Ontario
- 0509-00 Brussels Airlines Strike
- 0503-00 New Brunswick Flooding
- 0424-00 Incident in Toronto
- 0409-00 Airports in Germany Affected by Public Sector Strike
- 0409-01 Tragedy in Humboldt, SK
- 0320-00 National Strike in France
- 0221-00 Air France Personnel Strike
- 0220-00 Introducing Economy Basic
- 0312-00 Travelling from Washington, D.C.?
- 0816-00 Closure of Cochin International Airport
Barcelona General Strike - October 2
Barcelona General Strike
October 2, 2017
In response to the announced General Strike at Barcelona Airport (BCN), Air Canada has implemented a goodwill policy for customers who purchased an Air Canada ticket no later than October 2, 2017 for travel to, from or via that airport between October 2 - 3, 2017.
If you are scheduled to travel on the above dates, you may contact Air Canada Reservations (1-888-247-2262) to change your flight, free of charge, to another date between now and October 9, 2017, subject to availability in the cabin you originally purchased. Otherwise, any fare difference will apply.
You may also choose to travel to an alternate destination. Any change fees will be waived, provided you are travelling between now and October 9, 2017. However, any fare difference will apply.
Incident in Barcelona - August 18
Incident in Barcelona
August 18, 2017
Following yesterday’s attacks in Barcelona, customers wishing to keep their original travel plans are being asked to arrive at the airport well in advance of their flight to allow for the additional security screening measures that have been implemented.
August 17 2017
As a result of the tragic events in Barcelona, Air Canada has implemented a goodwill policy for customers who purchased an Air Canada ticket no later than August 17, 2017 and whose itinerary includes a flight to, from or via Barcelona Airport (BCN) between August 17 and 21, 2017.
If you are scheduled to travel on the above dates, you may contact Air Canada Reservations (1-888-247-2262) to change your flight, free of charge, to another date between now and September 11, 2017, subject to availability in the cabin you originally purchased. Otherwise, any fare difference will apply.
You may also choose to travel to an alternate destination. Any change fees will be waived, provided you are travelling between now and September 11, 2017. However, any fare difference will apply.
Travelling with Children - April 29
Travelling with Children
April 29, 2016
At Air Canada, our intent is to always seat children with a parent or guardian. For this reason, we offer complimentary seat assignment for parents/guardians and children under the age of 12 who are travelling together*.
In order to ease the travel experience for our young passengers and their parent or guardian, we ask that you inform the Air Canada agent or your travel agent at time of booking that you are travelling with children under the age of 12.
If you’ve already completed your reservation, you can go to the Manage My Bookings tab 36 hours after booking to confirm that your child has automatically been seated with a parent or guardian. Alternatively, please contact Air Canada Reservations or your travel agent to make the necessary changes.
In the event that adjacent seating cannot be arranged, Air Canada will offer other flight options or a full refund.
* Applies to all flights operated by Air Canada and Air Canada Rouge.
Electronic Travel Authorization for Flights to Canada: The Government of Canada has introduced a new entry requirement, known as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)...
Read more >
Telephone and Email Scams: Email scams (phishing) and telephone scams (vishing) are commonly used by fraudsters to trick people into giving them personal information...
Read more >