Electronic and Paper Travel Vouchers
eCoupons are issued via email. Within the email you receive is your 15-digit eCoupon number and corresponding 4-digit security code (PIN).
We suggest you print and keep a copy of your email so you have a written record of your eCoupon number and PIN. If you misplace these numbers, you’ll need to complete our Customer Assistance formOpens in New Window in order to retrieve them.
Your eCoupon is valid for a period of 12 months from the date you receive your email.
- After 12 months, your eCoupon will expire and will no longer be valid.
Other restrictions apply. Please take the time to read our FAQs as well as the terms and conditions associated with your eCoupon below.
To redeem your eCoupon
You can use your eCoupon:
- To purchase an Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express* flight:
- Online, by calling Air Canada Reservations at 1 (888) 247-2262 (within Canada and the U.S.), or through your travel agent
- To pay for a variety of fees, travel options and services (e.g. seat selection, unaccompanied minor service, pet handling charges, change fees)
Your eCoupon cannot be used:
- When completing a booking with your mobile device or at an Air Canada airport counter
- When booking travel for a group of ten or more
- For hotel or car reservations, or to buy travel insurance
- To pay for Air Canada Bistro products or duty-free items on board our flights
- For Flight Pass purchases
- To purchase an Air Canada Vacations package
Other restrictions apply. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions associated with your eCoupon.
* The following carriers fly under the Air Canada Express banner: Air Georgian, Sky Regional, Exploits Valley Air Services and Jazz Aviation LP.
To use more than one eCoupon
For ticket purchases, you can use up to two (2) eCoupons provided that the total cost of the ticket purchase is covered fully by both eCoupons.
Multiple passengers or eCoupons:
For purchases involving multiple passengers/eCoupons, it is advisable to make separate bookings. In this situation, you can use up to two eCoupons per passenger provided that the total cost of the ticket purchase is covered fully by both eCoupons.
It’s also important to know that you cannot consolidate the value of multiple eCoupons onto a single one.
Seat or travel option purchases for an existing booking:
Unfortunately, because of system limitations, only one (1) form of payment is accepted when purchasing a seat or travel option for an existing booking. If the balance on your eCoupon is inferior to the cost of the fee or travel option, please pay with another form of payment. You will then be able to request that the credit from your eCoupon be refunded to your original form of payment. Here’s how:
- Complete our Customer Assistance FormOpens in New Window
- Provide proof of the form of payment used to pay for the seat or travel option
- Include the details of your unused Air Canada eCoupon
To check the balance of your eCoupon
Frequently Asked Questions
Terms and Conditions
- eCoupons are valid only if received from Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express (i.e., Air Georgian, Sky Regional, Exploits Valley Air Services, and Jazz Aviation LP).
- eCoupons must be redeemed within one year of issuance at which time any working balance will be reduced to zero, it is deactivated and no further usage will be permitted.
- eCoupons are not redeemable for Air Canada Vacations, group travel or Flight Pass purchases
- eCoupons cannot be sold; unlawful sale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation of the eCoupon without compensation
- Air Canada reserves the right to refuse, suspend, hold for review or cancel any eCoupon for which unlawful use is suspected, for eCoupons mistakenly issued in an incorrect denomination, or for any other violation of the present Air Canada Terms and Conditions.
- Air Canada reserves the right to deactivate or reject any eCoupon issued or procured, directly or indirectly, in connection with fraudulent actions
- eCoupons are fully transferable.
- eCoupons may be redeemed at aircanada.com, via the Canadian or U.S. Call Centres, or through a travel agent if the booking is made at aircanada.com/agents.
- eCoupons cannot be redeemed at airport locations or on board Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or Air Canada Express flights for Air Canada Bistro or duty free purchases.
- eCoupons cannot be used as a payment method for bookings made via a mobile device or for the payment of self-serve check-in options online, via a mobile device or at an airport kiosk.
- eCoupons are only redeemable at Air Canada in Canada and the U.S. toward the purchase of air travel offered by Air Canada and operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, and Air Canada Express carriers and/or the purchase of ancillary services offered by Air Canada in conjunction with an Air Canada, Air Canada Express or Air Canada Rouge flight. Air travel and ancillary services offered by Air Canada are limited to air transportation costs, change fees, pet-handling fees, unaccompanied minor fees, and applicable taxes or any other similar fee that applies to the purchase.
- eCoupons cannot be used for payment of air travel wholly over the services of any other airline, or for the payment of a flight pass or ticket which is part of a group booking.
- eCoupons are not redeemable toward the purchase of Air Canada Flight Passes, Air Canada Vacations products and services, Air Canada Cargo products and services, Air Canada Maple Leaf Club membership fees, or for the purchase of third-party products/services such as duty-free, Air Canada Bistro (e.g., food and beverages), hotel bookings, car rentals and/or travel insurance.
- If the price of the ticket is inferior to the value of the eCoupon, the remaining value of the eCoupon is retained until the eCoupon expires.
- Once the eCoupon expires, the balance will be reduced to zero, it is deactivated and no further usage will be permitted. If the cost of the ticket being purchased is greater than the value of the eCoupon, the stored value will be depleted to zero value and the difference must be paid with another eCoupon, Gift Card, eGift card or other accepted form of payment.
- Due to system limitations, a maximum of two (2) forms of payment is permitted on a single booking at time of purchase. When purchasing ancillary services such as a seat or travel option for an existing reservation, only one (1) form of payment can be accepted at time of purchase. If the eCoupon has a working balance lower than the cost of the fee or travel option, please pay with another form of payment. However, we will be able to apply the credit from your eCoupon and effect a refund following these instructions - After the transaction, you can complete the Customer Assistance formOpens in New Window, provide the proof of used form of payment and include the details of the unused eCoupon to receive a refund of the applicable value to your original form of payment.
- In the case of bookings for multiple passengers using multiple forms of payment (of which at least one is an eCoupon), it is recommended that separate bookings be made for each passenger using an eCoupon as a form of payment.
- eCoupons will not be accepted if the number is invalid, has not been activated, has been deactivated, is declined or cannot be found within the system.
- In the event that a ticket or ancillary service purchased (in part or in full) using an eCoupon is being refunded, the value or the unused portion thereof (based on the terms and conditions of the fare being refunded) that was originally paid for by using an eCoupon will be refunded to the original eCoupon number with the original expiry date. Customers must retain their original eCoupon until the stored value reaches zero and all travel for which the eCoupon has been used as a form of payment has been completed.
Lost or stolen, damaged or destroyed eCoupons
- Treat your eCoupon with care. Air Canada is not responsible for any stored value balance if the eCoupon is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. If it is lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or used without authorization, the value will not be refunded.
- Air Canada reserves the right to reject any claim for replacement of an eCoupon where there is suspicion of fraud or dishonesty (e.g., altered eCoupon or false request for replacement).
- eCoupons are not credit or debit cards and have no implied warranties.
- Air Canada reserves the right, and the eCoupon holder of the eCoupon agrees, that Air Canada may at any time change the present Terms and Conditions or contract with another third party to administer the eCoupon program.
You can check the balance of your eCouponOpens in New Window online at any time.
Electronic travel vouchers (e-MCOs) are issued in the form of a letter. Within the letter is your 13-digit e-MCO number.
A paper travel voucher is also called a Miscellaneous Charges Order (MCO). Paper travel voucher numbers always start with ‘014 40’, followed by 8 other numbers.
Both paper and electronic travel vouchers can be redeemed to cover the base fare of a new booking. Any taxes and surcharges must be paid separately.
Redeeming Your Electronic Travel Voucher (e-MCO)
For faster credit, redeem your e-MCO when you complete your booking with Air Canada Reservations, your travel agent or at an Air Canada staffed airport (simply provide the e-MCO voucher number to the agent at the time of booking).
Redeem your e-MCO online:
Once travel has been completed, fill out our Ticket Refund Application FormOpens in New Window.
Redeeming Your Paper Travel Voucher
Redeem your paper voucher when making your new booking directly with your travel agent or at any Air Canada staffed airport.
Apply the credit for a new online booking from the comfort of your own home
By Courier Service (e.g. FedEx, UPS):
- You can request your refund only upon completion of travel.
- The amount of the voucher will be credited back to the new ticket’s original form of payment.
Foreign Currency Travel Vouchers
If you received an MCO while in another country and it is a foreign currency, you can still apply its value toward your next booking.
Simply book your trip online. After you come back from your trip, complete our Ticket Refund Application FormOpens in New Window. Refund Services will apply the value of your voucher towards the price of your ticket. Please note that you cannot exchange this value for cash.
Signing over your Travel Voucher to Someone Else
There are a few ways to sign over your MCO to someone else.
After travel has been completed, fill out our Ticket Refund Application FormOpens in New Window and indicate in the ‘Additional Information’ section the full name of the person to whom you wish to sign over your MCO. Remember to also attach a copy of the itinerary-receipt of the person who will be benefiting from your MCO refund. Naturally, you'll be doing this after travel has been completed.
Over the phone:
You can transfer the total or partial value of your e-MCO to another person by calling Air Canada Reservations when you are ready to make a new reservation.
Via email or regular mail:
Along with all other required information, send us a signed letter of consent on which you indicate the full name of the person to whom you wish to sign over your MCO. Remember to include the itinerary-receipt of the person who will be benefiting from your MCO refund. Naturally, you’ll be doing this after travel has been completed.
At the airport:
You and the person to whom you wish to sign over your MCO or e-MCO can go together to the airport and purchase a ticket at any Air Canada counter. Make sure you are both carrying valid ID, and don’t forget to bring your paper voucher or e-MCO number.