Get peace of mind with your travel insurance
Columbus provides premium travel insurance cover to residents of over 45 countries at competitive online prices. We've covered millions of clients worldwide and never compromised on cover.
The details below apply to our policies for Australian residents..
Why choose Columbus Direct
- Access to a professional, worldwide 24/7 medical emergency assistance helpline
- Annual Multi-Trip policies designed for frequent traveller: covering all trips of up 60 days during a 12 month period
- Available to expats and non-citizens; you simply have lived in Australia for the past 3 months or longer
- Standard and Premier cover options to meet your needs
- Buy online in only 5 minutes and receive your insurance certificate right away via email
- Option to talk to a real person at our Sydney Call Centre - call during office hours to set up a policy at the same low price
- All your personal data is processed using a secure connection certified by Geotrust
Columbus Direct provides a range of great-value travel insurance policies to Australian residents. Policies provide cover for:
- Overseas Medical Expenses and Emergency Repatriation
- Cancellation & Curtailment
- Personal Baggage
- Delayed Baggage
- Personal Money & Travel Documents
- Personal Accident Benefit
- Personal Liability
- Legal Advice & Expenses
- Daily Hospital Cash Allowance
- Travel Delay
- Missed Departure
- Rental Vehicle Excess Wavier
Why is travel insurance essential?
The best prepared travel plans can sometimes go awry. That's why travel insurance is an important way to protect you and your family against unforeseen circumstances and against the high cost of medical expenses, cancellation of the trip, personal accident, personal liability and a variety of other travel related risks.
Air Canada does not give any recommendation or opinion on the policies offered by Columbus Direct. So before purchasing a policy you should carefully consider whether it meets your personal objectives, financial situation and needs. Always read the Product Disclosure Statement Open PDF file .
As an Australian resident, if you choose to purchase travel insurance from Columbus Direct, Air Canada will receive a commission based on the type and duration of the policy which will represent no more than 20% of the total premium paid by you. Columbus Direct Travel Insurance Pty Limited (ABN 99 107 050 582) is an Australian Financial Services Licence holder: No. 246636.
Travel Insurance offered, provided and administered by Columbus Direct only, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) to transact general insurance business. FSA. Registration number is 311897.