Secure your 2023 Status with your Aeroplan credit card
Even if you find your feet on the ground more than you’d like this year, your Aeroplan Elite Status can continue to soar with an Aeroplan credit card.
How to lock-in your Status
Earn 30,000 points from purchases1 with any Aeroplan credit card through November 30, 2022, and you’ll secure your Aeroplan Status through 2023. And there’s more good news! If you’re already an Aeroplan credit cardholder, all the points you’ve earned with your card since the beginning of the year count toward this offer.
Status extensions for members who have earned the points required will begin in July.
Remember, points add up quickly with an Aeroplan credit card!
For example, with a Premium Aeroplan credit card you could:
Spend $8,000 with Air Canada and earn 16,000 points (minimum of 2x points)
Spend $6,000 with dining purchases and earn 9,000 points (minimum of 1.5x points)
Spend $4,000 with any other purchase and earn 5,000 points (at 1.25x points)
For a total of 30,000 points!
Don’t have an Aeroplan credit card? Now’s the time!
Once you have an Aeroplan credit card, you’ll be eligible for the offer above, and with select cards you’ll get access to a whole list of exciting benefits to perfectly compliment your Aeroplan Elite Status such as:
- Earn whenever you use your Aeroplan credit card, and rack up points even faster when you spend with Air Canada
- Get Priority Airport Upgrades and Standby Clearance for being a status member and an Aeroplan Credit Cardholder
- Receive Status Qualification Boosts of 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and 1 Status Qualifying Segment (SQS) for purchases made on eligible Cards
- Rollover SQM and eUpgrade credits to the next year so you can get a head start on status and enjoy unused credits as you start to travel more
Maintaining your Elite Status with your Aeroplan credit card
What counts towards your 30,000 points:
All base earn from spend on your Aeroplan credit card made between Jan. 1, 2022 and Nov. 30, 2022. That includes evergreen accelerators on certain categories, including purchases on Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations
The cumulative points earned across all Aeroplan credit cards for which you are the Primary Cardholder
While the requalification opportunity is only available to Primary Cardholders, all points earned by any Authorized Users on your account contribute to your total
What does NOT count towards your 30,000 points:
- Any one-time welcome bonuses that you earn for signing up for your Aeroplan credit card
- Any time-limited promotional accelerators on certain spend categories
- Any points earned after Nov. 30, 2022
For more details on eligibility, please see our Terms and Conditions.
1The Aeroplan Credit Card Maintain Your Status Offer (the “Offer”) is intended for and will only apply to the Aeroplan Elite member who is also the primary cardholder of an eligible Aeroplan co-branded credit card (the “Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card”).
The Offer is valid between January 1st, 2022 at 00:01 EST and November 30th, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. EST (inclusive) (the “Offer Period”).
To qualify for this Offer and maintain your Aeroplan Elite status level through December 31st, 2023, you must earn at least 30,000 Aeroplan points on eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card purchases (net of returns) posted to your Aeroplan account throughout the Offer Period (“Eligible Earn”). Eligible Earn includes base and category accelerator earn of Aeroplan points on your eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card, but excludes any welcome bonuses, acquisition bonuses, campaign bonuses or conversion points. Eligible Earn by secondary cardholders will also count towards the Eligible Earn of the Primary Cardholder. Please note that points earned with your eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card are deposited to your Aeroplan account a few days after the end of the credit card account billing period. As a result, it is possible that transactions charged to your card towards the end of the Offer Period will translate into Aeroplan points deposits that may not count towards this Offer.
If you do not hold an Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card, you can be eligible for this Offer if you apply and are approved for one, meet the Eligible Earn by the end of the Offer Period and meet all the other eligibility criteria of this Offer.
If you are the primary cardholder of more than one eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card, the Eligible Earn can be achieved through points earned made across all your eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Cards. For greater certainty, the Offer will only be awarded once per eligible Aeroplan member.
Your Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card account and Aeroplan account must be open and in good standing at the time the Offer is fulfilled for the Aeroplan Elite status extension to be processed. If you cancel your Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card following the Aeroplan Elite status extension, we reserve the right to reverse the Aeroplan Elite status extension.
All Aeroplan cobrand cardholders with Elite status are eligible for this Offer.
To learn more about Aeroplan credit cards, earn rates and benefits, please visit aircanada.com/cards.
The Aeroplan Elite status you hold when you meet the Eligible Earn, is the status eligible for this Offer, as more fully detailed below:
- Members who do not hold any Aeroplan Elite status are not eligible for any status extension;
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan 25K Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan 25K Status extended through December 31, 2023.
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan 35K Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan 35K Status extended through December 31, 2023;
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan 50K Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan 50K Status extended through December 31, 2023;
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan 75K Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan 75K Status extended through December 31, 2023; and
- Members who are Primary Cardholders of an eligible Aeroplan Co-Branded Credit Card and hold Aeroplan Super Elite Status when they meet the Eligible Earn will have their Aeroplan Super Elite Status extended through December 31, 2023.
Aeroplan Elite status extensions will begin in July 2022 for members who already met the Eligible Earn. Once you meet the Eligible Earn, please allow up to 8 weeks for your Aeroplan Elite status extension to be processed. While we strive to expedite the extensions for all eligible Aeroplan members, this may result in a temporary loss of status for some eligible Aeroplan members in January 2023 while their extension is being processed.
The following purchases do not qualify as eligible purchases for the Offer: Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Convenience Cheques, fees, interest and payments. Refunds, rebates, or credits on the account will cancel this Offer if the Eligible Earn are not met over the Offer Period.
No bonus Aeroplan points, Status Qualifying Miles (SQM), Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), or Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD) will be credited as part of this Offer.
This Offer is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash. Secondary cardholders are not eligible for the Maintain your status offer.
This Offer may be withdrawn or changed without prior notice at any time. This Offer may be revoked if you appear to be manipulating or abusing it, or are engaged in any suspicious or fraudulent activity, as determined by Air Canada or Aeroplan in its sole discretion. If you are found to be gaming this Offer, Aeroplan or Air Canada have the sole right to revoke the Aeroplan Elite Status extension earned during the Offer period.
This Offer will be in addition to any other offers available and subject to the respective requirements and offer end dates.
If this Offer is not running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, pandemic or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Aeroplan which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Offer, Aeroplan reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Offer, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way. Aeroplan also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from this Offer and to ban the individual from any future offers that it finds or believes to be tampering with the process or the operation of this Offer.
The following terms apply to this Offer:
- Aeroplan Program General Information and Terms and Conditions
- Aeroplan Elite Status Terms and Conditions:
This offer is addressed to members who have not yet requalified for Elite status in 2023. If you have already reached the published number of SQM, SQS and SQD required to maintain your Elite status in 2023, your status is safe regardless of this offer or how many points you earn via your Aeroplan Credit Card.