The Air Canada Stopover
Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver: the perfect stopover option.
Is your connection time longer than 6 hours?
The new Air Canada Stopover travel option allows you to make the most of two consecutive flights and enhance your journey - and at no cost or for a flat price.
- Book a hotel or,
- View/Change existing hotel booking
Relax between flights and visit Canada at no additional airfare If you're travelling with Air Canada, in addition to ease of travel, you now have the unique opportunity to sample and explore exciting Canadian cities en route to your destination.
Break your journey in Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, North America's most convenient hubs, and stay one night in Canada. You can even opt for a second Canadian stopover on your return flight.
For connections over 6 hours, the Air Canada Stopover option includes one-night hotel accommodation and applicable taxes for one low price. The Canadian break comes at no additional airfare and your hotel is free with a Business Class, Premium Economy or Latitude and for a minimal fee with a Flex or Tango fare.
If you're travelling with less time on your hands, and your connections are under six hours, you can enjoy the comforts of Maple Leaf Lounge access at the airport.
Air Canada Stopover pricing
The new Air Canada Stopover option covers a great selection of hotels at our major hubs, Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.
|Tango||Flex||Latitude||Premium Economy||Business Class|
One night hotel starting at $49
(plus applicable taxes)
One free night hotel
Access hotel stopover
Book a hotel or, View/Change existing hotel booking
How to book your Air Canada Stopover:
You can book your stopover hotel in a few easy steps.
Opt in to the Air Canada Stopover program at least 96 hours prior to your trip:
- At time of booking:
Select the Air Canada Stopover option from the travel options offered to you after you have made your flight selection.
- If you have already completed your booking:
Go to the Manage my Bookings page, retrieve your flight booking and, if eligible (view "Eligibility" below), you will find a link to opt in to the Air Canada Stopover program.
Book your hotel at least 96 hours prior to your arrival in your connecting city (Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver)
- Enter the Air Canada booking reference number and passenger last name
- Select the hotel of your choice
I'm ready to book my stopover hotel
The Air Canada Stopover option is offered for:
- tickets for flights purchased at aircanada.com
- bookings completed at least 96 hours prior to flight departure;
- Air Canada-coded flights operated by Air Canada and Air Canada Express flights operated by Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. and Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd.;
- itineraries that include at least one city outside Canada and the U.S. as well as a connection in Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver of over 6 hours;
- round-trip and one-way bookings only (multi-city bookings are not eligible)
- Business Class, Premium Economy, Latitude, Flex and Tango fares.
Note: you must be 21 years of age or over to check in at most Canadian hotels.
- If your flight has been cancelled, you are no longer eligible for the Air Canada Stopover program. You must retrieve your booking online and cancel your hotel reservation prior to 16:00 (4PM EDT) the day of hotel check-in.
- Any credit card payments associated with your reservation will automatically be refunded to the original form of payment once you have cancelled your hotel reservation.