In our ongoing effort to deliver a superior level of service and reduce the problems associated with flight disruptions, we are proud introduce our new Delayed and Cancelled Flight Service.
Now, when an Air Canada or Air Canada Express (operated by Jazz only) flight is cancelled or is expected to be delayed due to severe weather, you can search for another flight or cancel your remaining flight(s) online – no need to call Air Canada Reservations or see an Air Canada airport agentHow it works:
- If Air Canada advises you that your flight has been cancelled, or if severe weather conditions are expected to bring about a flight delay or cancellation, you may access the service online using your booking reference number and passenger name.
- If your flight has in fact been cancelled, the service will advise you, in many cases, that we have already rebooked you on an alternate flight, thus minimizing disruptions to your travel plans. Naturally, you'll then be able to:
- View your new flight details (if you've been rebooked) and check in if your flight is eligible for online check-in,
- Search for another flight to your destination (no change fee will apply), or
- Cancel your remaining flights altogether.
Because flight disruptions are never easy on anyone, we invite you to learn what else you can do when your flight is delayed or cancelled.