Air Canada Reservations
Within Canada and the U.S. | Other countries
1-888-247-2262Toll free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Regular phone number
If you are unable to use our toll free number, or if none of the contact numbers for other countries match your current location:
1-514-393-3333(long distance charges may apply)
Hearing Impaired (TTY) Reservations
Find answers to your questions online
View answers to our 5 most common customer questions
If you'd like to know what you can bring on board with you and in what size bag, our carry-on baggage page will help you pack smart.
Our checked baggage page provides details on maximum size and weight allowances for the bags you'll be checking in at the baggage counter, as well as information on restrictions and regulations.
Liquids and medication
If you're travelling with very young children, you can bring formula, breast milk, juice and baby food (in small containers) on board.
Always pack medication in your carry-on baggage. All prescription medications must be properly labelled with the names of the patient, the medication, and the issuing medical office or pharmacy.
Because onboard refrigeration may not be available on all aircraft types, the cabin crew is unable to look after items that may need to be kept cold. Please carry any item that you wish to keep cold in a small cooler to maintain it at the desired temperature. If available, extra ice may be provided as needed.
For useful information on types and quantities of liquids and gels permitted on board, view our Reminder to Travellers (pdf file, 267 KB), or visit the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) website.
Bookings made on aircanada.com may be changed online right up to two hours before departure. Here's how:
- Select the "Manage My Bookings" tab at aircanada.com, then:
- Sign in to access all bookings in your account with your Aeroplan number and password, and select the booking you wish to change; Or
- Access a single flight booking by entering your booking reference number and passenger last name. In order to complete your changes, you'll be asked to enter the credit card number used for booking (credit card information is used for authentication purposes only).
- If your booking is eligible* for online changes, the change option will appear in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Any applicable fare difference(s) or change fees are clearly itemized before you confirm your new flight details.
- If a refund is due, it will be credited back to the original form of payment.
- An email is sent to an address you specify to confirm that your changes have been made.
*The following bookings cannot be changed online:
- A bookings for which you need to add, remove or replace one or more passengers. Contact Air Canada Reservations.
- The remaining portion of a booking if one or more segments of your itinerary have already been flown. Contact Air Canada Reservations.
- A booking made through Air Canada Vacations. Contact Air Canada Vacations directly.
- A booking made through a travel agent. Contact your travel agent.
Note: If you are holding a non-refundable ticket, please note that when changing to a lower fare, any difference in value is forfeited.
Within 24 hours of purchase, any booking made on aircanada.com can be cancelled online and is fully refundable.
After 24 hours, you can cancel your booking online, provided:
- you originally booked your flight on aircanada.com,
- all of your flight segments are eligible for cancellation, and
You should always be aware, at time of purchase, if your ticket is refundable and under what conditions. Many tickets (e.g. many promotional or seat sale tickets) are non-refundable, while others may be subject to a refund penalty which limits their refundable value. In most cases, the words "non-refundable" or "non-ref" are clearly printed on the ticket and ticket receipt.
In the case of a refundable ticket, only the unused portion of the ticket is refundable.
Get step-by-step instructions on how to cancel your flight online, as well as useful information on how to request a refund (if applicable) or use an outstanding travel credit toward the purchase of a new ticket.
You may select or change your seat online if:
- You booked your flight at aircanada.com, and
- You're travelling on:
- a flight operated by Air Canada* or
- an Air Canada Express flight* operated by Jazz, Sky Regional, Air Georgian Ltd. or Exploits Valley Air Services Ltd.
There are three ways to select your seat:
- At time of booking at aircanada.com, immediately upon completing your online purchase;
- At any time up to 2 hours before departure: retrieve your booking online and select your seat.
- Within 24 hours of your flight when you check in online or at an airport self-serve check-in kiosk.
Note that you'll be able to change your seat selection at any time up to 2 hours before your flight departure with no additional fee.
To select your seat if you didn't book your flight at aircanada.com:
- Contact Air Canada Reservations or the travel agent who handled your booking, or
- Select your seat within 24 hours of your flight when you check in online or at an airport self-serve check-in kiosk.
If you purchased a TANGO fare:
- You'll need to pay a fee to select your seats in advance.
*If you're travelling on a codeshare flight or a flight operated by another airline, contact the operating carrier directly.
Here's how you can manage your email preferences:
- Go to our Email offers page.
- The link also appears on our homepage. Just look for the white envelope icon.
- On the Email offers page, enter the email address at which you currently receive your Air Canada emails, then click on GO.
- For your protection, an email is then sent to you asking you to confirm that you wish to modify your email preferences.
- Follow the instructions on the email and you're ready to:
- subscribe to new email services,
- unsubscribe from any that you no longer want, or
- update your personal information.
Whatever changes you decide to make while on the Email Offers page, remember to always click on the bright red SAVE button when you're done. This will ensure that your changes have been recorded.
We also provide an UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom of all of our emails. You can use that link to unsubscribe at any time.
Do you have a specific comment, complaint or suggestion to make? Send us an email. Your feedback will help us improve the services we offer.
You can also send an email or a letter to our Customer Relations department. Our Customer Relations employees will ensure that your comments get to the right people at the airline, and are shared with the appropriate department or group.
In your correspondence with us, make sure you include as much information as possible, including any documentation you have. This will allow us to examine your comment or complaint carefully and ensure that we get back to you with an accurate response to the issue you raise. You can expect to hear back from us within 30 days.