You are ready for e-freight if:
- You can send FWB/FHL messages;
- You are able to insert EAW or EAP into the FWB;
- You are able to forward and receive electronic commercial documents to your destination office, either by EDI or scan format.
To send an e-freight shipment:
- Check that the stations involved are e-freight enabled.
- Contact us to book your shipment or make an e-booking.
- Create and send FWB/FHL messages.
- Insert special handling code EAW or EAP in your FWB message
- Send your shipper documents electronically to your agent at destination (by email or using a document management system).
- Tender one original copy of the air waybill containing the conditions of contract on the reverse, or an e-AWB, with your shipment
- Receive an RCS status update message to conclude the export acceptance
Don't have an in-house system for creating and sending the e-freight electronic messages?
You can still participate in e-freight. Any shipper or freight forwarder can use Cargo Portal Services (CPS) to create MAWB information and select EAP and EAW.
Steps to take: